The online racing simulator
Is It Possible to export C# stuff to a website that will have a live update
Hi just wondering is it possible to export a players drift pb out from C# to my website with an update about every 30 seconds or every refresh i know php and C# but dont know if its possible to make both work together if someone can help me or give me an anwser it would be really appreciated thanks in advance guys
Surely it would just be easier, to throw all the data into a database via C#, then drag it out via PHP?
so into a C# database and it is possible to take it out with php or would it be easier using a mysql database instead of a C# one and use php to put it up which one would be easier in the long run?
#4 - Silox
That's what he ment: A C# script which connects to a MySQL database.
oh ok thanks guys this has been very helpfull
Quote from Silox :That's what he ment: A C# script which connects to a MySQL database.

there's that, or you can dump your output to a big text file and let php parse the file...
#7 - Silox
Quote from bunder9999 :there's that, or you can dump your output to a big text file and let php parse the file...

Indeed, that sort of thing is what I'm doing right now with the FPRS RankingSystems: Put all data in a big .txt file, and let VB and PHP parse it. Whenever I find some time I'll try to connect both to a MySQL database because that txt file takes long to parse. I just read it out into a big array and display it, but it takes too long. MySQL should do a better job here.

Btw; If you really want a 'live' update, an update without refreshing the webpage, you should add some meta refreshers on the top of your PHP script.
thanks i will do that because its only about 10 things i need it to export to the website and it works i just need to make it nicer thanks again guys
I didn't really want to create a new thread because the question I have is quite similar. So.. Is it possible to make connection between C# and php? Like you can in flash. I know you can open a link.php?var1=xxx?var2=yyy etc.. or something like it but in flash you can send data without opening the link and receive the data given back. I know not very good to mix 2 programming languages but this would make it a lot easier in my case.

It doesn't matter what the source is.. Inet tutorial or example with a little bit of code... I'd be happy on both.

Thanks!
#10 - vane
Quote from vane :You could send it through a PHP query so it says http://yourwebserver.co.uk/PB. ... rusername*&PB=*yourPB but this may make it suseptable to hacking so you would need some kind of password thing like this:
http://yourwebserver.co.uk/PB. ... s=85048304383477645729838

Yeah, thanks, I know but what I mean is that when the php executes a query on flash you can make it print the results out and flash will load them(if you do send and load) and it doesn't even open a new browser window or anything.
#12 - vane
i haven't done coding for such a long time i probably won't be too much help, i had just done something like this before

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG