The online racing simulator
OutGuage - for T6... comments wanted!
(29 posts, closed, started )
so who's making a nice G15 applet now?
I'm well up for testing this new system out. I'm pretty good with hardware but i suck at software!

I've been looking into what the flight sim boys are doing and they seem to be using a usb interface board

like this one-

http://www.simkits.com/product.php?prodid=343

they supply software with it that interfaces with M$FS but i'm sure the code monkeys out there could figure out how to get it working with LFS.

It looks like the controller would work with homebuilt gauges using standard servos (usually found in model shops for R/C stuff) so that means i can build a rig nice and cheap (flight sim gauges are seriously expensive!)

BTW the controller board is 89 euros ( about 60 quid)
Couldn't all this just be added to OutSim (Also with the data from tires and everything from the HUD)? I find the InSim and OutSim separation already a bit confusing since you need to use different methods and protocols to retrieve very similar things, like with InSim there's only two axis rotation data available so to get the third axis you need to add code to handle OutSim. With yet another protocol for gauges, and an extended outsim later on would just make things even more complicated when you need to use so many different ways to retrieve very similar data. Like laptimes = InSim, Car position = OutSim, Gauges = OutGauge... You often need data from all of these anyway so separating them to different protocols seems to me like it will just add unnecessary complications for people using them...
Fair point but there are already several programs out there using OutSim, so I don't want to just change the packet size. Also, you may want OutSim data at 100 Hz but for the purposes of gauges, you only want OutGauge at maybe 10 Hz. Also maybe you want to run Gauges but you aren't running a motion platform...

They are just two different packets really, and each "system" can be kicked off by one simple packet from InSim.

I'm closing this thread now, as the system is now released in T6. Here is a special OutGauge thread :

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=7334
This thread is closed

OutGuage - for T6... comments wanted!
(29 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG