The online racing simulator
MPR Filename description
(6 posts, started )
#1 - t1ger
MPR Filename description
Hi,

I have searched everywhere I can think of, but I just can not find out the actual definition of the MPR filenames which are auto-saved by a server. I have several filenames for example:

AS7_race_23L_0R_12F.mpr

Now, I know what the AS7 bit is (), the "race" shows it is a race, "23L" means it was a 23 lap race, "12F" means that 12 racers finished. However, I can not work out what the "0R" part means. My instinct is that it refers to the number of Racers, but this is clearly wrong as there were 12 that finished.

Another replay I have is named:

AS7_race_23L_10R_18F.mpr

Again, this can't be Racers, but I don't know what else it can mean. I just can't work it out or find reference to it anywhere.

Does anyone know, please?

Thanks in advance.
Tim

ps I just know I am going to kick myself when I do find out
0R means that everyone pitted at some point. think of R as "racers at the start" and F as "racers at the end".
#3 - J@tko
Number of retierees?
#4 - t1ger
Quote from bunder9999 :0R means that everyone pitted at some point. think of R as "racers at the start" and F as "racers at the end".

Nope, 'cos that would mean that 0 racers started and 12 finished - how can that work!

Quote from J@tko :Number of retierees?

Nope, becasue in the first replay I mention, 8 racers retired because in total 20 started - so no to that one too!

Sorry, good ideas, which I have already had and dismissed.

Any more?

Tim
Quote from t1ger :Nope, 'cos that would mean that 0 racers started and 12 finished - how can that work!

here's an example... i join my server, drive a couple laps, crash, pit and rejoin, then finish the race all over again... the resulting replay would be called 0R1F.
#6 - t1ger
Quote from bunder9999 :here's an example... i join my server, drive a couple laps, crash, pit and rejoin, then finish the race all over again... the resulting replay would be called 0R1F.

These are league races, and no-one re-joins. They start and if they don't finish, they either spectate or leave. Fullstop.

I don't think this is the reason it shows 0R. It is most likely something else, but I can't work out what.

Tim

MPR Filename description
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG