The online racing simulator
#1 - Jakg
Using Onboard & Disabing Dedicated Graphics When Needed?
Setting up PC #2 with a Foxcon A7DA-S 790GX (with an onboard graphics chip) and a HIS 4830 on it.

Somewhere on the box or manual it said I could dynamically change between the IGP and the dedicated graphics card, which sounds good for me (if it turns the fan off) as this may well become a 24/7 on PC. How do I go about setting this up (using Windows 7 x64) and how do I go about setting it up?

Thanks.
being able to completely power off components... sounds pretty revolutionary... can't say i've heard of it before, outside of windows powering down unused network cards (which it probably even doesn't do, or do fully)...

looks like a nice board though... can't say i've heard of the brand though.
I had a look at this board......to me the answer you are looking for is most probably a setting in the bios.....maybe when your system is not running graphics intensive programs then the bios might power down your dedicated graphics card and use the onboard chip instead, probably using a software utility program similar to the ones you get for on the fly overclocking without having to go into the bios all the time something like on my board(asus AI suite) only for switching from IGP to dedicated graphics and vice versa.......i'm a PC engineer.....and as far as i know there is no way to do this via a windows option.....apart from what bunder9999 said. If it says it on the box or manual of the motherboard then i'm 99% sure it will be a bios feature.....they are always bringing out new features with every new mobo.
Buy a quieter aftermarket fan.
#5 - Jakg
Buy a Mac.

And for once that suggestion is relevant, as the new Macbook Pro's, have the ability to swap between an IGP and the Mobile graphics card.
#7 - Jakg
Turns out you can do it - but only with a 3470 or lower rubbish card.

Annoying, really

It does swap seamlessly though - you just plug the monitor into the dedicated card and it does the rest.
Quote : It does swap seamlessly though - you just plug the monitor into the dedicated card and it does the rest.

that's kinda creepy... reminds me of the sound card app that detects what port you plugged your speakers into...
Quote from Jakg :WTF suggestion is that?!

I'm guessing you want the switch over to the onboard so it's more silent. Buy your main graphics card a quieter fan...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG