The online racing simulator
#1 - Crady
Spec button added to Admin´s kick and ban button...
Well I used the search and did not find anything fitting to my suggestion. So I hope I will not become burned again!

I really hate banning guys from our server! Kicking them I don´t like too. The guy being kicked or banned only disconnects from the server and does not know why....

As Admin I would like to have a "spec" button. We mostly run our server with "midrace=no" to prevent crasher messing up our races by joining in the middle of the race. So a possibility to spec a guy ignoring blue flags, parking in the middle of a turn etc. would be great if you are driving and not able to type "/spec whoeversshouldbespeced"...

btw.:

Is there an insim app giving me the driver list and a spec button I could use for that until the devs might implememnt my request?
Right click his name, press Ctrl + left arrow couple of times, type "/spec " and press enter.

It's work-around, I know.
#3 - Crady
sure... but while racing?

I know there are a lot of racers who are able to chat with 3 different guests at the same time while driving WRs...

BUT I AM NOT...
Oh :s

You may code InSim app which will do this task for you (show all user names & spec buttons). But thats work around too.
Oh yeah, like a Send set button but like spec driver button? ah great idea, i've allways wanted that. SpecDriver=SD Button
Hey there, very nice suggestion.
This would be a wonderful addition to LFS.

I'd say +10
#7 - ajp71
Personally I'd get rid of the kick altogether (at least from the public voting) and replace it with a spectate vote, with no option to rejoin even if mid race join is on. Would be more effective than the current kick, where half the time the person is back a minute later causing exactly the same problem and trying to ban the person who kicked them in the first place.

I also think some measure should be put in place to stop people vote banning everybody, maybe if you were limited to say 3 votes an hour it would stop the idiots who keep trying to start votes against random people, normally far more annoying than the people they're trying to ban.
Since this is still an active thread today- An insim app. has been made ... http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=57337

I still think kick is best/easiest way as spec ruins their race anyway and has the same net result, but maybe I am lazy, actually I am.
Quote from ajp71 :Personally I'd get rid of the kick altogether (at least from the public voting) and replace it with a spectate vote, with no option to rejoin even if mid race join is on. Would be more effective than the current kick, where half the time the person is back a minute later causing exactly the same problem and trying to ban the person who kicked them in the first place.

Good idea.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG