The online racing simulator
iTCC - Making protests - We need your help!
Hi Racers,

One issue that I noticed has reared it's head is that not enough protests are being made.

When the admins look at incidents after the Race weekend, we rely on our observations from the race as well as any protests made by drivers. We just haven't got enough time to be able to go through each and every race from every driver's perspective. So we need your help!

If you think you've been subjected to dirty driving, then make a protest! This is the way we will clean up and improve the standard of driving for all iTCC competitors.

Having said this, we don't want racers inundating us with protests for a little bit of rubbing and tiny contacts. So make sure you've got a case before you file a protest please.

Well done to all for your particpation so far, we have had four of the most intense rounds of racing that I've seen in LFS since I started using LFS back in 2004. Long may it continue!

Cheers

Joe Keaveney
What's the point in making a protest if it can backfire on you?

Quote from hyntty :What's the point in making a protest if it can backfire on you?

Well I guess if you think it may backfire on you, you probably wouldn't say anything would you?

On the other hand, if you're sure you've done nothing wrong, then you've nothing to lose by making your protest

From the admins point of view, we're trying to lift the standard of driving of all competitors, if they drive cleanly, they'll be OK, if they drive less than cleanly, they'll get penalised. 'Simples' .
hmm can I sugest something.. in our leauge we make protest with PM to admin..if admins see that ur protest is ok than go penalty and arguments..maybe some people dont know or not so sure that someone made mistake on them or they think maybe "i am wrong" and than they dont write nothing (becose they dont wonna make problems with other drivers)..with PM they know if they a wrong nobody will know..and they will learn for next races...and if they right than protest go in public....
Quote from Gaulish :hmm can I sugest something.. in our leauge we make protest with PM to admin..if admins see that ur protest is ok than go penalty and arguments..maybe some people dont know or not so sure that someone made mistake on them or they think maybe "i am wrong" and than they dont write nothing (becose they dont wonna make problems with other drivers)..with PM they know if they a wrong nobody will know..and they will learn for next races...and if they right than protest go in public....

Thanks for the suggestion, Gaulish - at the end of this season, we will be examining the rules and procedures for everything in the iTCC and we will definitely be considering PMs as part of the protest system.

I'll post a thread in this forum when we undertake the re-writing of the rules, this will be shortly after the end of the 2009 season (end of June)

Thanks again,

Joe

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG