The online racing simulator
Demo users! - **S2 License giveaway**
(174 posts, closed, started )
ye i agree
#102 - xt
Quote from IKke5165 :Danowat when will you be posting your conclusion?

Ok, I have done some research, with the help of some trustworthy people, and the conclusion is, you are eligable to enter
Quote from SilverArrows77 :My thoughts would be that demo comps like this often reward the fastest driver, who often is not the most deserving driver, and this also has the affect of scaring off other demo users from the competiton who believe that stand no chance at all.

Yep that's really true. It would be nice if in future other people will pick up this idea to promote fairness and sportsmanship in LFS racing
Quote from SilverArrows77 :

My thoughts would be that demo comps like this often reward the fastest driver, who often is not the most deserving driver, and this also has the affect of scaring off other demo users from the competition who believe that stand no chance at all. Yet it does make sense to verify the person is an interested racer by doing it by lap time.

In this thought it would be run it in the exact way you have it now (no need for any changes or resubmissions then) but declare the Top 50 times (as an example - and one entry per user) as eligible, and then fall back on the good old sytem of "drawing an eligible name from a hat" to declare a winner - i would think it would attract greater interest with a slightly unknown outcome like this, and many more users would feel they actually stand a chance of winning.

Although your suggestion sounds interesting you also need to take into consideration this:
If a demo user (A) has managed to achieve really fast times this surely means that he/she is REALLY interested in LFS so as to devote many hours in practice in order to achieve such times. On the other hand, a demo user (B) who doesn't have very fast times may or may not be that interested in LFS. If user (B) participates in this generous contest of danowat and wins just because his/her name was selected by chance don't you think that would be unfair for demo user (A) who although has put many hours of practice just can't afford an S2 license in order to get more involved with the game? So I think that the logic of danowat that the fastest driver should win is correct.

On the other hand, if someone would like to give driver B a chance in winning and also not disappoint driver A in my opinion (and since I'm not the one paying for ) there should be 2 S2 licenses for the prize: 1 awarded to the fastest driver (so that driver (A) would be truly rewarded for his/her efforts) and 1 awarded to a random demo user contestant (so that driver (B) would not feel it is impossible to win just because he/she hasn't got enough time in game practice yet).

That's only my opinion.

Back to the game then to try to make a decent lap since an opportunity to win an S2 license doesn't come often .
Quote from SilverArrows77 :You really didnt even bother reading it did you? .....

Yes, I read it.
You mean that you have already said that only the top 50 times should enter the random draw for the winner. And i just disagree (even though i would have more chances to win with a random draw) and state my opinion, if that's alright with you....
Both SilverArrows and Unrivaled have made very good points

In this competition Dan could very well give the prize to the player with the silliest haircut, or to the the most ugly

my point is its completely up to Dan

It is very possible that T7R could hold a similar competition in the future (no promises at this stage) and I believe a "my best race" mpr showing racecraft would be a nice idea for preselection into a prize draw.

Of course there has to be at least 50 people to make a top 50, how many drivers have submitted laps Dan?
I would have thought there would have been many more

SD.
Quote from Unrivaled :Yes, I read it.
You mean that you have already said that only the top 50 times should enter the random draw for the winner. And i just disagree (even though i would have more chances to win with a random draw) and state my opinion, if that's alright with you....

I'm kinda with him, I think changing to a random draw at this point wouldn't be fair for all those who have raced/racing for fastest time.
Quote from danowat :Get them times in then!!!!!.

I'll run a little leaderboard on the first post when some times get posted.

where do i put the times? im so hopeless at racing... but i really want s2 hahaha.. i use a g25 :P
Although I encourage the idea of conversing about how this should have been done, can we keep it out of this thread?.
Using the XRG at Blackwood, do you mean using it on the rally track or on the normal circuit?
Normal
An issue with competitions based on purely on lap times is that people won't post their efforts if they can't beat the fastest time set so far, so you don't realise how many people are competing.
One guy made both 1:35 so i better not embarresse myself and i will buy the license soon , god damet i hoped i win this thing.
Quote from Eestimaine :One guy made both 1:35 so i better not embarresse myself and i will buy the license soon , god damet i hoped i win this thing.

Same, I don't think I can make both 1:35. So far I have around 1:36:36 and 1:35:97
Quote from Smolar :cheers

oh come on! he's the WR holder, surely thats not fair!? *grumble grumble*
Quote from oli17 :oh come on! he's the WR holder, surely thats not fair!? *grumble grumble*

Didn't you know? This competition rewards WR demo holders
1:35 is definitely doable for me. The posted WR times just sucked all the fun away...
Times suck but wanted to motivate u guys
No futher time for competition is needed. We all know the winner.
#121 - xt
Respect dude :crown:
i was waiting for you since found this competition, so where you took so long
Quote from danowat :Ok, I have done some research, with the help of some trustworthy people, and the conclusion is, you are eligable to enter

Thank you and sorry for all the hasstle, but seeing times from 1:35 makes me losing allf faith in being able to compete for the first place, or does anyone have tips to take 2 seconds of a whole lap? :P. Never mind I will probally try it once more and post that
Sure its fair, you only have to look at his online stats.

I would like to ask a simple question, you are welcome to answer in private if you like Smolar, why have you not already become S2 licensed?.

I am just interested

To all others, it aint over till the fat lady sings, if anything, this should give you more reason to get on the track and drive your ass off!!!
Np dude
I know better ways to spend money mate, lfs is just a game for me. Anyway i love blackwood and good old demo times. I know u understand me
This thread is closed

Demo users! - **S2 License giveaway**
(174 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG