The online racing simulator
Handbrake frustration
(24 posts, started )
Handbrake frustration
Hi everyone, after a year away from LFS, i plugged my g25 wheel in my pc today, got to sitting in a car and tried to set off excited as you can imagine. But to my dissmay i couldnt go anywhere. There is a red light on in the dash which i seem to remember as being the handbrake light, this is lit and whatever button i assign for handbrake, the red light remains on and the car revs but goes nowhere.
This has frustrated me now for about 2 hours, so i thought i would see if there is anyone here that can help me, please forgiive me if this is the wrong place to post this question, thanks and look foreward to racing again, Al.
I don't think it is the handbrake. Even with the handbrake on, you can still move, to a certain extent.

I know it seems a silly question, but have you actually checked the car is in gear, and that your shifter is set up properly?
Hi there, yes it says its going into gear on the dash, but whatever the red light is next to the green one , is stopping me moving, it revs in gear as if its not actually in if you know what i mean.
Red light problems
Hi everyone, after a year away from LFS, i plugged my g25 wheel in my pc today, got to sitting in a car and tried to set off excited as you can imagine. But to my dissmay i couldnt go anywhere. There is a red light on in the dash which i seem to remember as being the handbrake light, this is lit and whatever button i assign for handbrake, the red light remains on and the car revs but goes nowhere.
This has frustrated me now for about 2 hours, so i thought i would see if there is anyone here that can help me, please forgiive me if this is the wrong place to post this question, thanks and look foreward to racing again, Al.
#5 - CSU1
OT: Hugh Grant
Quote from Turtal :Hi there, yes it says its going into gear on the dash, but whatever the red light is next to the green one , is stopping me moving, it revs in gear as if its not actually in if you know what i mean.

hmm.. if the handbrake is "pulled" without u pulling it, and gear is engaged... does it burn the clutch?
Quote from Feffe85 :hmm.. if the handbrake is "pulled" without u pulling it, and gear is engaged... does it burn the clutch?

Im not sure, just the car wont move.
Is the red light on the dash the handbrake?
Could you please record a replay of what happened? It would help us a lot.
Yes the red light is the handbrake, or go to Options > Display - Show pedals I think it is to see if the handbrake is on, and press F9 to see the clutch.
#10 - xtm
Maybe you accidentaly stalled your engine? If so, press down the clutch and hit "I" once or twice.

Otherwise, check your Axis indicator to see if the hand-brake is really causing the problem.
Didn't you post about this somewhere else?
"Is the red light on the dash the handbrake?"

Yes it is. The fact, that you mentioned the green light tells that you're using GTR or one of the formulas, which have extremely powerfull engines, so it would be hard not to move the car even if handbrake wasn't auto turning, which it does very easily.
I see 2 possible scenarios here.
1) Handbrake is always on for some reason. It can be assigned to a wrong axis, or button, which is for some reason always on.
2) Clutch is always on.

To check, which one is it, just activate "show pedals", as boothy mentioned. Grey bar is handbrake, blue - clutch, red - brakes, green - gas pedal.

May be of course you're just not leting go of clutch pedal enough, it starts to disengage when pedal is half-depressed or so..
#13 - xtm
Quote from xtm 2 :Maybe you accidentaly stalled your engine? If so, press down the clutch and hit "I" once or twice.

Otherwise, check your Axis indicator to see if the hand-brake is really causing the problem.

And don't make multiple threads for a single problem next time.
After much messing around, i have managed to get the handbrake to come off as i set off,,,,thank you all for looking and now i can get practising, thanks again and bye,,,Al.
After much messing around, i have managed to get the handbrake to come off as i set off,,,,thank you all for looking and now i can get practising, thanks again and bye,,,Al.

p.s sorry for placing twice, not used to this forum thingy.
how come i never stall? especially as i use a keyboard
Auto clutch maybe?
how do i change that? also, i have the logitech dfp, if i used this would i stall, as it doesn't have a clutch (with auto clutch off i mean)
Not only would you eventually stall, but you wouldnt be able to shift, as clutchless shifting in LFS is quite hard to do. As for disabling the auto clutch, it should be on Options>Player IIRC.
even with formula cars?
All formula cars have auto clutch always enabled and it seemes to be all right as they all have sequentional semi-automatic gearbox...
Quote from MadCatX :All formula cars have auto clutch always enabled and it seemes to be all right as they all have sequentional semi-automatic gearbox...

You can stall all the cars in LFS, with the exception of the BF1.
Are you sure about that? I have just tried it in Z13 patch and the clutch always kicked in in all formula cars, no matter what I set the Auto clutch option to...
Quote from MadCatX :Are you sure about that? I have just tried it in Z13 patch and the clutch always kicked in in all formula cars, no matter what I set the Auto clutch option to...

You can disable Auto-clutch on cars with sequential gearboxes aswell. There are two options. Auto-clutch for cars with a h-pattern gearbox and autoclutch for cars with a sequential gearbox. If disable auto-clutch for one of the gearbox types it doesn´t that it´s disabled for the other one.

Handbrake frustration
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG