The online racing simulator
cyberabe´s lfs trailer movie April2006
(16 posts, started )
Neither BSplayer or Media Player Classic wanted to play this... actually both programs crashed while trying to play it.

And I do have XviD codec.
#3 - Bosse
Quote from deggis :Neither BSplayer or Media Player Classic wanted to play this... actually both programs crashed while trying to play it.

And I do have XviD codec.

VLC media player works most of the times..
Worked for you? I was just thinking about that there's something messed up in the video's compression.
#5 - filur
Nothing wrong with the video/compression.

Movie was alright, moving thru cars didn't look too great and you've somehow managed to get massive tearing in the actual video.
Attached images
tearing.jpg
#6 - Bosse
Quote from deggis :Worked for you?

Yes. It works in VLC here.. VLC is a good program, can play most movies..
xvid problems??
Hi, its work on my system without problems, its xvid codec, the latest version, good quality i think, the next video coming in divx or wmv. Take vlc video lan player, it can play all movie formats, i think.
Quote from filur :Nothing wrong with the video/compression.

Movie was alright, moving thru cars didn't look too great and you've somehow managed to get massive tearing in the actual video.

filur,
what can i do about this tearing???? other compression, codec or recording??

thx
#9 - filur
Quote from kqi1111 :
what can i do about this tearing???? other compression, codec or recording??

How did you record it?
nvidia graphic card resolution for pal, 720x576, then connect my sony vx2100 with tv out (s-vhs output) on the graphic card, dual view. in lfs resolution pal 720x576.
then capture to the dv tape. after record, import in premiere. finaly rendered to divx, dv or others.
ah ok ... if you do things that way you have to have vsynch on or youll get tearing

but id strongly advise you to capture directly on you pc with programs like fraps
Quote from Shotglass :ah ok ... if you do things that way you have to have vsynch on or youll get tearing

but id strongly advise you to capture directly on you pc with programs like fraps

do you know how i capture with fraps?? setup. resolution, fps, codec??
thx
havent used fraps much but iirc its pretty much self explainatory
you choose the framerate at which you want fraps to capture and a hotkey to start capturing
the resolution fraps captures at will be the one your game is running at (or half of that) the codec is some kind of generic avi which means you have to have quite a bit of free hdd space and a fast hdd

oh and you should let the replay run in slowmotion and lower the framerate fraps captures at to compensate in case your pc is too slow
Quote from kqi1111 :do you know how i capture with fraps?? setup. resolution, fps, codec??

Capturing with Fraps is extremely straighforward, it will use it's own lossless codec for initial capture, and you'll want to recompress it later on.

Setup is basically nothing, set Fraps to record at a suitable FPS and hit the hotkey, if your PC is unable to capture at your desired FPS, either lower your resolution in LFS, lower your capture FPS or set LFS at 0.5 or .25 (or .125) speed and record in a suitable FPS for speeding up later on, audio does become a problem when you record in slowmotion.

There's a "guide" here: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=219, it's pretty much right except there's really no need to limit the fps in LFS since Fraps will do it for you, and if you can record without using 0.5x speed, why not.

Edit: since you're using Premiere, don't bother with any of the VirtualDub stuff in the guide, if you need to speed up captured video do it in Premiere (200% speed for example).
I guess there was just something wrong with my codecs (didn't have the most recent version of XviD).

I have XviD (this version) and FFDShow, never had any problems before with other videos. I don't know did I just have old version of XviD or there was something else messed up with my codecs. But now it worked anyway.

edit: forgot to comment the actual movie... It was nice, in a positive way different.
We need a program that can connect to LFS via Insim, STOP de replay completely, and advance it step by step while capturing each frame from the DirectX canvas and export that to an uncompressed AVI. Much like GPL2Avi... And from what I´ve read on InSim, it is possible.

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG