The online racing simulator
LFS Rev Limiter..
(9 posts, started )
LFS Rev Limiter..
You should add an in built rev limiter to all cars.. It's a bit bland without them, it's a small change to make a big differance.

I know there's an addon for it but I can't find a version that works with current lfs version. Someone want to point me in right direction?

Thanks!
  • This version of the addon you mentioned works just fine with Z and Z10.
  • What about your right foot? Besides, you shouldn't hit the limiter anyway
  • €: LFS still needs a proper limiter though, no production car has a simple "limit" like it is in LFS.
Quote from morpha :LFS still needs a proper limiter though, no production car has a simple "limit" like it is in LFS.

Yes they have.
Quote from BigPeBe :Yes they have.

Well i have never been in a car with a revlimiter as dull as the one in LFS..
Every car i have ever been in has a "bouncy" revlimiter, which in mho is more realistic then one that just limits, without anything happening
Many cars, especially older ones have a simple limiter like in LFS that only cuts ignition at the limiter RPM. IE. my own Sierra doesn't bounce much, it just cuts ignition and fuel when it hits ~6125 or so rpm. It bangs and pops a bit but doesn't bounce really. Also if I recall correctly, old Volvos cut only ignition and doesn't bounce. The bouncy effect is very popular on modern cars, tho I dunno why. I'm not also quite sure how it is produced, but the manufacturer has to somehow "engineer" the bouncy timing in there (maybe a some kind of relay or something, I dunno).

Basically modern cars bounce because the manufacturers wan't to, maybe it is to make it more noticeable for the grandmas on the road that they are over revving.
#6 - senn
I Vote this to be merged into the other 50 or so threads of a similar vain.
Quote from Feffe85 :Well i have never been in a car with a revlimiter as dull as the one in LFS..
Every car i have ever been in has a "bouncy" revlimiter, which in mho is more realistic then one that just limits, without anything happening

I can tell you that just about every bmw sold today has a soft rev limiter. (The m3 has a normal rev limiter in first, soft for all the other gears)
I've never been in a diesel that bounced off the limiter. Not that we have diesels in LFS, I'm just saying that soft limiters are more prevalent than you might think.
Quote from Bob Smith :I've never been in a diesel that bounced off the limiter. Not that we have diesels in LFS, I'm just saying that soft limiters are more prevalent than you might think.

i dont argue about that.. just that i have ALMOST never been in one with a soft one

LFS Rev Limiter..
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG