The online racing simulator
Logitech G25 Feels Weak
(14 posts, started )
Logitech G25 Feels Weak
Only got the G25 two days ago and....

I Have the force feedback and it pulls nice round corners but when going down a straight it feels so weak... no tension in the wheel atall.
Feels light like if the wheel isn't plugged into the power supply.
Now is this how the G25 is or am i missing something.
I want some good tension while going in a straight line.

Done a search but all it comes up with is FFB settings.
Thank you if you can help.
Quote from MajorNut :when going down a straight it feels so weak... no tension in the wheel atall.

happens with me too. I thought it was normal as my former wheel was even worse. also, when the car stands still and I turn the wheel (i.e. in the pits), there's no resistance at all.
Actaully I felt the same way (in the beggining), but in my real car (with powersteering) the centre area is quite slack and I don't feel resistance until hard cornering occurs.

If you want some tension in the straight line area, try ENABLE CENTERING SPRING IN FORCEFEEBACK GAMES and put it up to a decent amount. It will make the FFB harder when going in a straight line - if you want that feeling.

But, if you rather keep it more realistic, (centering spring is quite unrealistic as your wheel should not return to centre when stopped and you turn it full-lock) you could instead try just ramping up all the effect strength FFB levels instead in the profiler and in LFS, use "<" and ">" whilst in game.
Attached images
untitled.JPG
When i up the FFB it's too hard and needs alot from my arms to drive round bends lol, before you say get some arm power im 6ft tall and 15 stone.

Yes upping the FFB does reduce the slack in a straight line but now feels unatural to drive and the wheel pulls from side to side, oscillating i should say.
Now i have tried to remove this by unchecking the centering sping and still oscillates.

Removed deadzones so the setting is on zero, also you have FFB in logitech profiler and in game?? surley one should be unenabled and the other made live, do they conflict.
Quote from MajorNut :surley one should be enabled and the other made live, do they conflict.

no, you need them both on or you won't get anything... but configure the profiler to the image above and make the fine adjustments from within lfs itself.
Be sure to set the FFB strength in Profiler to > 100%. I use 107%. It amplifies the near-center response and the deadzone becomes less of an issue.
#8 - Riel
Can be setup-issue to. Give it some negative TOE.
What does wheel compensation mean and do... could this help adjusted against other settings.
Wheel compensation means you dont have to change your wheel rotation settings if you get into a different car (like a BF1) with a smaller rotation that what you was using, providing your wheel is already set to 720 degrees.

The FFB settings i use is 101% in the profiler, and about 45% in game, depending on the car. Goto your settings in the game, and make sure "analogue steer smooth" is set to zero. This can sometimes create too much slack on straights.
Cool and thank you for the fast posts... now picked up my kids, i will boot them in the garden and give this a good bash and hope for the best.

Analogue steer smooth ??? i cant see that, where is it in settings.............FOUND IT IN MISC.... did wonder why my mans hands was lagging.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :
The FFB settings i use is 101% in the profiler, and about 45% in game, depending on the car. Goto your settings in the game, and make sure "analogue steer smooth" is set to zero. This can sometimes create too much slack on straights.

Wow just did this and you bang on the button.... maybe the lag with the wheel was to blame, all feels tight now. GREAT !!
Quote from MajorNut :Cool and thank you for the fast posts... now picked up my kids, i will boot them in the garden and give this a good bash and hope for the best.

Now, now, we don't promote the beating of children in this forum!

EDIT: oh, it said this not them
Quote from MajorNut :Wow just did this and you bang on the button.... maybe the lag with the wheel was to blame, all feels tight now. GREAT !!

Great to hear mate. I done the same when i first set the wheel up, wondering why the heck it was so slow to turn.

@ gnomie. Your sick.

Logitech G25 Feels Weak
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG