The online racing simulator
Lag bad
(13 posts, started )
Lag bad
hi guys i dont have the best computer in the word and everytime i play with the g25 i lag real bad it lagged a bit without it but its a lot worse with it i have all the graphics turned down low but its still bad is there anything else i can do to make it better without buying new parts any tips will be greatfull
You must tell us your PC specs.
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.00GHz
Memory:1024MB Ram Video Card: RADEON 9200 SE Family
and its xp pro
Quote from Straypan :Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.00GHz
Memory:1024MB Ram Video Card: RADEON 9200 SE Family
and its xp pro

Boo

Get at least FX5500.
does any graphics card work in any computer cause my brother has a 256 radeon in his blown computer and i can take that out and but it in this one will that work?
Quote from Straypan :does any graphics card work in any computer cause my brother has a 256 radeon in his blown computer and i can take that out and but it in this one will that work?

Just try it.
Quote from Shadowww :Just try it.

Worst advice ever!
----------------------------

Straypan, your brothers Radeon 256 is an older card and won't perform as well as your Radeon 9200 system.

My guess is its your celeron CPU that is limiting your PC's performance in regard to LFS.

open task manager (ctrl-alt-delete) and have a look at all the processes, you should be able to close things like MSN messenger etc, the fewer programs you have running in the background, when you play LFS will help, also try lowering the resolution of LFS.

go to your display settings (right click desktop select properties then display then advanced) and set to max performance mode.

up to date drivers?
Goodluck

SD.
SD, Maybe he meant Radeon with 256mb VideoRAM, not Radeon 256.

And it isn't worst advice ever. If card can be inserted,it's ok (AFAIK AGPx8 and AGPx4 are backwards-compatible)
Quote from Shadowww :If card can be inserted,it's ok (AFAIK AGPx8 and AGPx4 are backwards-compatible)

And if it doesn't fit, it's perfectly alright to use a bread knife to make the hole the right size and shape*

* Advice not actually reliable. Dajmin accepts no responsibility for any hardware problems, electrocution deaths or silicon sandwiches that may occur.
Quote from Dajmin :And if it doesn't fit, it's perfectly alright to use a bread knife to make the hole the right size and shape*

* Advice not actually reliable. Dajmin accepts no responsibility for any hardware problems, electrocution deaths or silicon sandwiches that may occur.

Quote from Dajmin :And if it doesn't fit, it's perfectly alright to use a bread knife to make the hole the right size and shape*

:smileyrai

In all seriousness tho, your specs as you say arent the best in the world, but my old machine was a 1.8ghz pentium 4 with 512mb ram and an OLD nvidia mx440 card running xp sp2, and i could just about run with 4 maybe 5 other cars at a just about playable 20fps with all graphics on the lowest settings.

It wasnt pretty, but it worked, just, although i had seriously stripped down my background processes and non essential programs right down, which helped, so thats the best advice so far, kill all non essential processes that use your CPU, as i found that running LFS with my little 1.8ghz one doesnt leave much processing power for anything else.
yer it fitted but didnt work i got told i needed to install the drivers for it. yes i did mean 256mb so i will try the processes thing
cheers for the help

Lag bad
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG