The online racing simulator
Strobe lights??
(50 posts, started )
Holy moly.I was actually using the first version all this time because the horn toggle switch bugged me whenever I used Shift-V. This is awesome.
Thanks!!!
Thanks loads, Tommy.
The new feature is invaluable as I had the problems with some of my binds being used in combination with the CTRL key which was the key I set for triggering the horn.

Keep up the good work!
what is the root file
Quote from Corey-McA :what is the root file

Don't you mean "root folder"? as below.....

Quote from Neto_r :just put in the "root" folder

and save the strobe.txt in the same folder[snip]

You can put the strobe program in any folder as long as all the files are together. Hell, you can put it in a folder on your desktop if you want. It doesn't care were LFS is, because it runs separate to LFS and just pushes the keyboard key sequences for you automatically. It even works when LFS is not even running. That post is just saying you can put it in the same folder as the LFS program if you want instead of some random folder like MyDocuments or the desktop where you might eventually forget where it is.

The root folder is the highest part of the directory/folder structure. If anyone refers to "root" of LFS it's the folder you put LFS in.
This will also work with other games?
Yes, because it runs in the background and sends characters to Windows, LFS just happens to pick up on that.

Keep in mind it actually sends

<Character><Delete>
<Character><Delete>
<Character><Delete>
<Character><Delete>

....so that the character doesn't appear in text/chat windows.
To be specific: it keeps current char in "pressed" state (+sends backspace press quickly) until time for next char comes.

thx JJ for helping me out
this is great could u make an autopilot with the same principe?

like:
throttle - 12sec
brake - 3sec
turn right - 1 sec
Quote from 128MB :this is great could u make an autopilot with the same principe?

like:
throttle - 12sec
brake - 3sec
turn right - 1 sec

... Ai?????
Quote from 128MB :no i mean like when cruising, you can let the car do 1 million miles automaticly

and what would the car do if someone infront brakes? if one wheel accidently hits the grass and u spin? how would it recover?
Quote from 128MB :no i mean like when cruising, you can let the car do 1 million miles automaticly

That's a nice one. Were is the driving and learning then? having fun?
That's one of the most stupid things I've heared. Only a ... would think of something like this..
Sorry, but aaah so stupid..
Quote from go_carter :That's a nice one. Were is the driving and learning then? having fun?
That's one of the most stupid things I've heared. Only a ... would think of something like this..
Sorry, but aaah so stupid..

Indeed
Lighten up. Programming robots is fun and is actually required for some University degrees. Learn to look past the box you live in.

Using Strobes to program LFS robot cars/autopilots has been done before on a small level, (I haven't searched for it, it is here somewhere), but I recall the guy got a car to drive around T1 at FE using a list of scripted instructions for strobes to follow.
Yes, okay.
Programming is fun yeah. But, meh you are going to program a car to drive and earn money for you, rigth. That's fine by me, but were is the experience by driving yourself and learning to drive?
LFS is a driving sim game. Were you drive by yourself. And not program the car to drive for you. If you have those skils, you should maybe try to do it in real life?

I migth not be the smartest guy living, but when I play LFS I drive myself, and not let the computer do it. Then I can just put my ai cars on and just let then drive. Were is the fun and experience then?
offc i'd drive myself, why the f* would i'v payd for lfs? i LOVE LFS

i was just thinking about a video of topgear where the guy sat in a bmw that 'learned ' track and drove itself

its just an IDEA, dont start screaming and shouting like that :s djeeez
I still agree with kim <3
For Creator of this amazing utility
Hi Tommy,
I have ver. 1.3 and I noticed that if I turn it on it works fine but not for tail lights. If the strobe's running tail lights don't even blink. And if I press [G] for lights just front lights turn on. Tail lights are dead.
Hey, I have another notice or rather request for you Tommy. When I start Lfs Strobe it turns off [Num Lock]. I know it's stupid but if you could do something with it please. And another request that maybe could solve the [Num Lock] problem: could you implement auto-loading last TXT file when I start Lfs Strobe. Thanks and sorry for bothering you.
Quote from Seki474 :Hi Tommy,
I have ver. 1.3 and I noticed that if I turn it on it works fine but not for tail lights. If the strobe's running tail lights don't even blink. And if I press [G] for lights just front lights turn on. Tail lights are dead.

Try make Strobes program use the "3" key for lights, this makes the tail lights activate. Change it from "G" to "3" in the strobes interface.

"G" is for headlights only in LFS.
"3" is for headlights AND taillights in LFS patch Z25+
Heres a good police one for z28

that's look like an AFK bot Request ?
Troubleshooting the error of the strobe program

Strobe lights??
(50 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG