The online racing simulator
Quote from dawguk :He speaks his mind, people say he's full of himself. He reads from a script, and people claim that he's a robot with no brain.

There are offensive things he said which could have been better worded without sounding like PR nonsense. Perhaps it's his age, lack of experience, etc. But when he doesn't have a PR script to follow, he needs to think before he speaks.
The rules looks like there going back to the old ones(winner gets more points not extra chance at title), which means theres enough similarity for people to digist, imo, its a good rule but too much change for 1 year.
Quote from mythdat :Hmm so it only took the FIA a few hours to surrender.. thank god they're french!

Stop spouting regurgitated crap that your grand/parents came out with. For you information, the French GOVERNMENT capitulated to an occupying force, (not actually uncommon in wartime in case you didn't realise). The vast MAJORITY of the French people went on fighting and opposing the German occupation as much as they were able and thus saved the lives of thousands of Allied forces during the war. I doubt that you're even aware that there were plenty of voices in the British Government and Aristorcracy that were of the opinion to just let Hitler do what he wanted, he even had sympathisers amongst people in power here. So please don't try taking the moral high ground on this when there is a very good chance that the British Government would have done exactly the same thing if the Germans had actually managed to get their land army on British soil.
Quote from gezmoor :stuff

Hm, sense of humour failure. What an incredibly appropriate avatar you have, though... life imitates art or art imitates life?
Borg hahaha, I bet his house is a cube, isn't it?
Unsurprisingly immature responses. I didn't expect anything less, but nevermind.
Loved that reply about the french remark gezmoor Kudos to you
Yea I hate it when people Stereotype the French for being easily folded and stuff of the like.
Drivers who want to win the championship would have to be a consistent winner, and that is, quite frankly, bull****.
Quote from pasibrzuch :Borg hahaha, I bet his house is a cube, isn't it?

I hope that was an intentional joke, either way I nearly wet myself. Also, you guys lay off the French, it's not their fault some joker spilled red and blue paint on their flag!

I'm glad the FIA had to go back on this stupid rule, FOTA showed them that nobody wanted this rule change, including the fans, but they ignored them and did what they always do and it's blown up in their faces.
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :it's funny the how FIA brang in all these regulations to try and slow the cars down... And they're acctually faster at Melbourne than last year. lol

No they brought them in for more overtaking, slicks were always going to give faster lap times.
I don't get why they forced grooves slicks if normal slicks were better though, any reason?

I think bringing the downforce down and compensating with mechanical grip is a good idea, even if it makes the cars looks bad like they do. I think it'll be a pretty darn good race. The laptimes in qual were extremly close.
edit
Quote from evilpimp :I don't get why they forced grooves slicks if normal slicks were better though, any reason?

I think bringing the downforce down and compensating with mechanical grip is a good idea, even if it makes the cars looks bad like they do. I think it'll be a pretty darn good race. The laptimes in qual were extremly close.

They came with other things, but it was basically to slow them down. It made little sense at the time, and even less in retrospect.

The current cars look the way they do principally because the people behind the new rules are attempting to make it so that a car can follow another car more closely. They could have simply reduced downforce (if that was their only intention) by reducing the maximum allowed sizes for front and rear wing area. The cars could have looked basically the same as they did for 08, and full slicks could have made for lost lap time.

I only wonder how many of the mahoosive front wings will still be attached by the end of lap one of a track which always encourages this sort of thing.
Im going for 19 smashed up nosecones at T1.
Only because Sutil's car will stall :P
Back to this concept.

We only had to watch Hamilton/Kubica/Vettel/Rubens/Trulli/Glock in the race in Australia to see why bernie's medal win stupid system is not needed in the slightest.
You've been scammed, sweetheart!
This is an April fool. That is happening next year.
Quote from sinbad :They came with other things, but it was basically to slow them down. It made little sense at the time, and even less in retrospect.

The current cars look the way they do principally because the people behind the new rules are attempting to make it so that a car can follow another car more closely. They could have simply reduced downforce (if that was their only intention) by reducing the maximum allowed sizes for front and rear wing area. The cars could have looked basically the same as they did for 08, and full slicks could have made for lost lap time.

I only wonder how many of the mahoosive front wings will still be attached by the end of lap one of a track which always encourages this sort of thing.

It wasn't to slow them down, main piority was overtaking and it was said for the past 2 years.
FFS. They actually make a good change for once, and then this crap again. :/
Quote from Intrepid :Why? A sport can't be held to ransom by the entry of a particular team. F1 is F1 whether it has Ferrari or not!

Yeah but there's no denying that Ferrari are an important part of F1's image, it just wouldn't be the same without them.

If they did quit F1, I wouldn't mind if they did a full scale assault on LMP1.
Quote from 5haz :Yeah but there's no denying that Ferrari are an important part of F1's image, it just wouldn't be the same without them.

If they did quit F1, I wouldn't mind if they did a full scale assault on LMP1.

that would mean a diesel ferrari, pending the result of the astons at le mans however

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG