The online racing simulator
looks like Nissan adapted most of its SuperGT models technique, like the V8 and the RWD layout. At least something to compete in GT1 besides the ol' Corvette (in ALMS, iirc Lamborghini and Aston has GT1 cars in the LMS, do they?)
Quote from ACCAkut :looks like Nissan adapted most of its SuperGT models technique, like the V8 and the RWD layout. At least something to compete in GT1 besides the ol' Corvette (in ALMS, iirc Lamborghini and Aston has GT1 cars in the LMS, do they?)

Corvettes are done with GT1, actually. Or will be soon, anyways.
lms has vettes, dbr9 and saleen. Or had anyway
Corvette C6R and Aston Martin DBR9 are dead after 2009 and this new Nissan is built for the new GT1 regs, which seem to be a small step closer to silhuettes, hence the race GTR doesn't have twin turbo V6.

http://fiagt.com/newsitem.php?key=1932

Single GT class could have been 10x better.

World Championship - but only privateers welcome
lol
ALMS is my favorite series, I went to school @ infineon raceway a few years ago to get my SCCA / USAC national license certification. Ever since I was younger, all I wanted to drive was a porsche 962, such a beautifully shaped car, sleek lines, mid engine, and fast!!!

but I also love the P1 open prototypes, the newer ones are nice, like the audi R8C, or BMW VLMR, but my favorite is the Cadillac Northstar LMP 02, I would love to drive this car someday, as most people would lol, hopefully someday this car will be in live for speed, I would use it more then everyone else in the game combined lol i love it that much

Quote from Pablo Donoso :ALMS is my favorite series, I went to school @ infineon raceway a few years ago to get my SCCA / USAC national license certification. Ever since I was younger, all I wanted to drive was a porsche 962, such a beautifully shaped car, sleek lines, mid engine, and fast!!!

but I also love the P1 open prototypes, the newer ones are nice, like the audi R8C, or BMW VLMR, but my favorite is the Cadillac Northstar LMP 02, I would love to drive this car someday, as most people would lol, hopefully someday this car will be in live for speed, I would use it more then everyone else in the game combined lol i love it that much

[img]http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/images/large

i was lucky enough to see it's only year at it's host race in D.C. The best fight between Panoz and Audi the whole year with panoz actually winning!
I saw it at Mosport that year.. beautiful car. Too bad the program was killed off.
if you go to www.gt1live.tv you can watch the fia gt races live and if you click the nismo link you get that video of the nissan GTR. lots of onboard stuff. is goot!
Great idea to put the telemetry graphics infront of the wheel...
if that GTR goes to le mans... it can kill everything.. even if its in early development
Well I have no problem with it beating everyone, but killing, that's a bit much.
by killing i mean.. owning/destroying everyone... just like BrawnGP ..
I know, I was being silly due to alcohol.
uhh... mhm... also thats when i post my fastest laps... and i dont get banned from servers
Quote from el pibe :if that GTR goes to le mans... it can kill everything.. even if its in early development

Nothing will "kill competition"... that's the comfort/curse of performance balancing in GT classes.

http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=52&i=19701

Speaking exclusively to PH at the Paul Ricard circuit earlier today, Yuichi Sanada confirmed that although Nissan has ruled out its own entry at Le Mans due to budgetary constraints, its new GT-R based GT1 World Championship contender will be made available to teams that wish to race with it.

'The new 2010 FIA GT1 regulations will be the same at Le Mans, so next year if private teams want to compete there - or in the American Le Mans Series - we will support them,’ he said.

Nissan should be looking at LMPs
I'd love to see a couple of them here across the pond. Shame Vettes will be gone before that, though...

I'd also love to see Nissan get back into Protos..
Quote from el pibe :if that GTR goes to le mans... it can kill everything.. even if its in early development

Dream on. Being a giant killer on the road means nothing when it comes to real racing. The road version relies completely on high tech electronics and masses of power to beat far more expensive cars. IF all of that is stripped out for racing it will be left with a lot of work to do to be competitive against the likes of Porche who have had decades of superiority at Le Mans.
http://gt1live.tv/index.html

1st race of the FIA GT Chamionship from silverstone, stream is now live
Ben Collins, alleged Stig, is co-commentating (as third commentator)...
I love how the safety car is a Weismann
i was there pics and short vid clips soon (phone battery was dead )
I was there too, infact was there the entire weekend. Bloody windy today and my face is burning. What a noise from those GT1 Ford GTs though. Got to go on the grid just before the start of the race which was ace!
Quote from Minimaxman :I was there too, infact was there the entire weekend. Bloody windy today and my face is burning. What a noise from those GT1 Ford GTs though. Got to go on the grid just before the start of the race which was ace!

wut? no how!

ALMS/LMS/Le Mans/FIA GT 2009
(948 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG