The online racing simulator
#1 - BriZz
Permanent configuration ingame
Hi, is there any way to configure track, cars, etc while you are on the server and save it as server's default config.

Thanks
Yes yes yes. Make a script like
/track=bl1
/cars=RB4+XRT
/wind=1

Then load it with "/exec <script name>"
No that won't work.

/exec is for running PROGRAMS like EXE's or BATch files from your local PC inside LFS.
The command you use to run that script described by Shadowww is /run scriptname or
//scriptname works to.

However, I don't think the topic opener wants this. If he runs that script it does not change the server's default settings, it just changes the current combo, which he can do with normal LFS commands from his game.

The default settings are stored in the setup.cfg in the dedi server folder. The only way to change the server's default combo is editing that file. If the server is located physically somewhere else, you HAVE to FTP to it or have some sort of file web managed access. You cannot change the default server settings via a game client, nor can you change it from the dedi host console window. The only way is with a text editor outside of LFS. Unless you "Start new host" from within LFS locally, but then if you do that, you wouldn't have to worry about a 'default' config because you are controlling it each time you restart the server, so I don't think BriZz is using "Start new host" to be honest.

In short, there are no commands to change default settings on your dedi server while you are on the dedi console window or as an LFS client.
Quote from JasonJ :If the server is located physically somewhere else, you HAVE to FTP to it or have some sort of file web managed access. You cannot change the default server settings via a game client, nor can you change it from the dedi host console window. The only way is with a text editor outside of LFS.

/hexec "C:\WINDOWS\cmd.exe /C echo new_setup_line1 > C:\path\to\setup.cfg"
/hexec "C:\WINDOWS\cmd.exe /C echo new_setup_line2 >> C:\path\to\setup.cfg"
/hexec "C:\WINDOWS\cmd.exe /C echo new_setup_line3 > C:\path\to\setup.cfg"
/hexec "C:\WINDOWS\cmd.exe /C echo new_setup_line ... >> C:\path\to\setup.cfg"
/hexec "C:\WINDOWS\cmd.exe /C echo new_setup_last_line >> C:\path\to\setup.cfg"

It's brain****, but sometimes it can help you. You still must have admin rights
#5 - BriZz
Quote from JasonJ :No that won't work.

/exec is for running PROGRAMS like EXE's or BATch files from your local PC inside LFS.
The command you use to run that script described by Shadowww is /run scriptname or
//scriptname works to.

However, I don't think the topic opener wants this. If he runs that script it does not change the server's default settings, it just changes the current combo, which he can do with normal LFS commands from his game.

The default settings are stored in the setup.cfg in the dedi server folder. The only way to change the server's default combo is editing that file. If the server is located physically somewhere else, you HAVE to FTP to it or have some sort of file web managed access. You cannot change the default server settings via a game client, nor can you change it from the dedi host console window. The only way is with a text editor outside of LFS. Unless you "Start new host" from within LFS locally, but then if you do that, you wouldn't have to worry about a 'default' config because you are controlling it each time you restart the server, so I don't think BriZz is using "Start new host" to be honest.

In short, there are no commands to change default settings on your dedi server while you are on the dedi console window or as an LFS client.

Thanks.. Shadowww but my problem is what JasonJ said.. so it's not possible.. The problem is that the server (not the lfs-server but the computer) restart every night only few people has access to the control panel, so if they change anything outside the panel it's just for that day. So, finallly i'll change the parameters to restart the server once a week.. and I hope it will be enough..

Thanks
Quote from BriZz :Thanks.. Shadowww but my problem is what JasonJ said.. so it's not possible.. The problem is that the server (not the lfs-server but the computer) restart every night only few people has access to the control panel, so if they change anything outside the panel it's just for that day. So, finallly i'll change the parameters to restart the server once a week.. and I hope it will be enough..

Thanks

Do you have admin access at server?
You can actually run scripts on the server using insim remote tool.

You could have a bunch of batch files pre-written on the server that move and rename pre-written setup.cfg files. But it's much better to stop the server reebotting everyday, because remote would have to be restarted everyday to.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG