The online racing simulator
Racing Line Toggle
(14 posts, started )
Racing Line Toggle
Ive been thinking lately about the racing line in LFS (press 4) For me the line does nothing and ive never used it, the only use it would be to me would be if it showed the WR line, i like to make my own lines but when new to a combo it would be nice to get the braking points straight away. Or is it possible to change anyway?
yeah custom lines
+1

A feature should be added where one can change the line to the current WR line.
Or a feature where you could make up your own line and braking point. For example, you do a slow lap and press a button to set the begining of the braking point, end and where your on the throttle following your own line.
Im sorry but the line is a aid. I hope it will never show the WR line and breaking points. But thats my opinion
Quote from evilpimp :Or a feature where you could make up your own line and braking point. For example, you do a slow lap and press a button to set the begining of the braking point, end and where your on the throttle following your own line.

or just drive some laps on racing speed and let LFS extract a racing line from that.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :or just drive some laps on racing speed and let LFS extract a racing line from that.

I thought of that but didn't suggest it because LFS is mainly about racing so your not always on your ideal racing line and that might confuse the system and make a weird racing line xD.
You would assign laps or parts of laps to create your ultimate racing line?
#9 - G!NhO
No, its good as it is.

Its for beginners so if it would show the WR line they ALL would go off track.
Imagine the racing lines people would make. -1
You could make your own racing line, pressing the button and it starts to record the line and gets all your braking points and stuff and then you could drive your own line.
i mean the rude stuff
The racing line shouldn't be in LFS at all. But as it is, it should only show the current less than optimal line so that beginners can ease the learning curve. If you've been playing LFS for more than a week you shouldn't need it, even if you play on a new track with a new car.
Showing the WR line is easy, just layout it with chalk and cones.

But the "idea" racing lines now are really strange.

Racing Line Toggle
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG