The online racing simulator
Music?
(9 posts, started )
#1 - KB91
Music?
Does anyone know who to uplad our own music to the game? Just curious.
Located the OGG folder in LFS/DATA/OGG. Here the music in-game are to be found. To add music you need to convert files into ogg. format. For example google "Mp3 to OGG convert" , and you'll find various programs for it. Normally you can with these progams open a wished MP3 file, save it as OGG and place it in your OGG folder in LFS.

Inside LFS you need to make new radio channel to play the new music. Go to audio, here you make a new radio channel, then you make new track/name/song ... don't remember name on this one but you'll see there. Then you edit the radio channel, and mark every song with "1" . This can be done on right side of the song, by some options there.

Sorry the fussy explenation, but you'll see it when you are there, just ask here if there is problems, and we'll try to help
Converting into OGG and adding it into the game is a way, but i takes much time.
I'd suggest just letting an usual MP3-Player a lá iTunes or Winamp run at the Background, that won't affect your Performance in any way.
Quote from Stefani24 :Converting into OGG and adding it into the game is a way, but i takes much time.
I'd suggest just letting an usual MP3-Player a lá iTunes or Winamp run at the Background, that won't affect your Performance in any way.

Unless you have a really poor PC, like i do. Anything else at all running on my comp causes lfs to start running jumpy as the CPU cant handle LFS and something else running at the same time
Quote from danthebangerboy :Unless you have a really poor PC, like i do. Anything else at all running on my comp causes lfs to start running jumpy as the CPU cant handle LFS and something else running at the same time

True, but, no offfence, not many people are having a PC that can't handle LFS and another Software.
Quote from Stefani24 :True, but, no offfence, not many people are having a PC that can't handle LFS and another Software.

Well, i like to be different!! This PC reminds me of years gone by!

Plus it was free so not all bad.
Quote from Stefani24 :True, but, no offfence, not many people are having a PC that can't handle LFS and another Software.

I know some people that can't even run TeamSpeak at the same time as LFS. Anyway... running ogg files will have a similar effect to running a music player in windows. The files still have to be decoded and played by your PC so performance will be effected by ogg playing if you already get performance effects by playing with a media player in general.

I had this problem a while ago to. I could only run LFS on its own and if I ran anything else my PC would have a headache and not want to have any fun. My solution was to connect an external MP3 player through the Line-In jack on my PC. Then use Windows/sound settings to include Line-In as the output. The music goes straight through without slowing the PC down, yet it comes out the speakers/headphones with all other game sounds. Worth it if you have an MP3 player or iPod.

Good luck either way.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What jasonj said, i only wish i had thought of it. What a good idea! I will try it for sure!
#9 - KB91
Thx for all the answers. Well i can play the music in the background but i so damm hard too minimise the LFS window and change song(yeah i,m lazy)
But i will try the first reply and try that.

Music?
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG