The online racing simulator
Toyo's or Falken's?
(32 posts, started )
Toyo's or Falken's?
If you had to choose a tyre from one of these manufacturers which would you go for. I'm looking for a performance tyre, the softer the better.

Toyo Cf1 or Falken ze912?

Does anyone have toyos or falkens on their car?
Attached images
toycf1.jpg
falk912.jpg
If you're looking for a good performance tyre, Yokohama AO48, simple as that....

or Goodyear Eagle F1 is a good allround hypersports tyre..
I used to have Toyos and the level on grip with them is rather good.com, especcially in the rain. I had to have my rear tyres changed to another make and in the rain my 1.2 corsa would oversteer pretty much all the time.

I used to work with a guy who has a 205 2.0 turbo track car and he uses toyos on that too, so i'd say they were quite a good performance tyre.
Toyo R888?
for that price range id be going with Dunlop Sport Maxx's.
Had Falkens on the Swift...the phrase "Sh*t to a blanket" springs to mind...VERY grippy, but didnt last very long on the front ...currently got Goodyear Eagles on the Coupe...havent really pushed it much, so cant give a proper opinion...seem good so far though.
Quote from Scrabby :Toyo R888?

I'm limited to list 1A tyres only & they are out of my price range.

Quote from nisskid :for that price range id be going with Dunlop Sport Maxx's.

They dont do them in small sizes 13", i might be able to get the sport 01 in a 13" though.
what's this going on? by the sounds of things ur probably better off with a ecconomy option.
the tyres are for my sprint/hillclimb fiesta so economy tyres are not an option.
Most of Toyo's range isn't great for performance use, it's aimed at wear/tyre noise/wet grip as are most of the tyres you are looking at. Ignore subjective opinions about tyres based on none competition/trackday use, what they're like on the road and how much grip people may think they have, isn't helpful when choosing a tyre for competition use. The R888 are Toyo's only tyre aimed at proper competition use, they do make a great alternative to A048s, the hard ones last considerably longer both on road and track, not that you can use either.
Quote from anttt69 :If you had to choose a tyre from one of these manufacturers which would you go for. I'm looking for a performance tyre, the softer the better.

Toyo Cf1 or Falken ze912?

Does anyone have toyos or falkens on their car?

You shouldn't be looking at all-season tires if you want performance.

Check out the Falken RT-615:

Try Sumitomo HTR 40Z's. Those are on my brother's T/A, and he said that are like glued to the road. Also, they last longer than most sport tires. Another thing is that they have a lower price tag, too.
Im currently running a set of bridgestone turanza er300's on my car, the size being 195/50/15, and compared to other tyres i have had on various cars in the past, these blow them all outta the water.

It holds the road very well in the wet as well as the dry (some makes are excellent in the dry, but can't handle it in the rain), there is very minimal tyre noise, and the wear is very good (dont expect many miles out of yokos, very grippy, but also soft, so fast wearing)

These are my favourite tyres to date, and as i have just noticed, the wheels that the tyres are fitted to in my picture are almost certianly TSW blades.

Dan, you spend too much time in Halfords.
Quote from anttt69 :the tyres are for my sprint/hillclimb fiesta so economy tyres are not an option.

ah ok, sorry my knowledge really only extends to 16-18" tyres, so cant really help there.
Quote from Mattesa :You shouldn't be looking at all-season tires if you want performance.

Check out the Falken RT-615:

You cant buy 615's over here, i think the best choice in a 13" is the ze912 unless I import some.
If you want a decent tyre..you need to spend money Here you pay 120~€ for a Toyo R888 tyre wich isn't to much imo
Quote from anttt69 :You cant buy 615's over here, i think the best choice in a 13" is the ze912 unless I import some.

In that case, more street tires to consider...
Toyo R1R
Kumho XS
Hankook RS2 (or RS3)
Bridgestone RE01R
'Stone RE11
'Stone Adrenaline
Dunlop Direzza Z1

I have the RS2s on my car because they're good value and not unreasonable street/occasional track compromise.
Check out tirerack.com for better surveys, reviews en testresults.

I have the Ziex ZE-912 on my MR2. Great allround tyre, good traction on wet. But they are too much allround. They're nowhere close to the Potenza RE050A (yes make sure you get the ones with the A behind it) and/or the Goodyear Eagle F1.
Go for Dunlop Sport 9000
#21 - Osco
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Dan, you spend too much time in Halfords.

you spend too much time on the forum.

if you have to have either Toyo's or Falkens, get either the new R1R or the Azenis (RT615)
Quote from Michel 4AGE :Check out tirerack.com for better surveys, reviews en testresults.

I have the Ziex ZE-912 on my MR2. Great allround tyre, good traction on wet. But they are too much allround. They're nowhere close to the Potenza RE050A (yes make sure you get the ones with the A behind it) and/or the Goodyear Eagle F1.

tirerack dont review toyo and falken.
#23 - senn
I run Toyo Proxes PX4's (205/50/R15) . They were about $145 AUD a corner, They are essentially the best thing i could get for the road(and budget) without going to CompR (semi slick) type tyres. I would say, if u are running stock suspension, they would be pretty good balance of cost and performance. If you have upgraded suspension tho, i'd probably be looking at semi slicks.
Quote from Michel 4AGE :Check out tirerack.com for better surveys, reviews en testresults.

this is random and off topic, but sweet you have an MR-2! Can I see a picture of it?
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
I cant get the Hankooks S2 or the Dunlop Sport in my size. (except sport 200, meh)

Infact I really am quite limited & @ the same time I cannot justify spending £200 on a set of Conti's that I might only use three or four times this season.

So it's the ones above in the 1st post or the sport 2000's so far.

Toyo's or Falken's?
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG