The online racing simulator
New to racing simulators...
(21 posts, started )
Hi guys,

I am new to simulator racing. Most of my time has been spent out on a real race track in a purpose built track car. Firstly, I would just like to say how accurate the LFS physics are - I was honestly amazed at how predictable and true the physics modelling of LFS and a few other sims have been. It's a tribute to technology and shows me how far we have come developing these simulators.

Now, what I would really like is a car in LFS which has similar statistics to my own real car. Would it be possible to modify a car in the game to meet my specs? I downloaded the LFS tweak but its not really giving me the options I need to make my car.

My car specs are below and I would really appreciate if someone could help me make it (using the XRT base would be most suitable)

97 Nissan 180sx (or 240sx for those in the US but with SR20DET)
* 280kw or 375hp (at the engine)
* 1210kg or 2667.59 pounds (if I have converted right)
* Peak boost - 19psi
* Redline 7500rpm
* 245/50/16 rear and 225/50/16 front

Its a 4 cylinder, 2000cc and its a 5 speed manual gear box.

The car is RWD and uses sticky road tyres.

Is it possible to re-create this car for the game? I would love to compare the two.

Much appreciated!
Welcome to LFS and sim-racing in general. I'm going the opposite way, myself. I started off sim-racing and I'm now getting into motorcycle racing.

You should be able to get something fairly similar by just increasing the power on the XRT. You may also want to tune the suspension a bit to get it as close to your real car as possible, since that can make a huge difference in how it feels.

Your join date says July 2006 though?
Completely unrelated to your question, but if you want to make the game feel every more realistic I recommend building/buying a good cockpit. I built mine with the same dimensions as my car. With all the controls in their natural position it feels 1000x more realistic.

If you're interested, this is a good site... http://www.thewayiplay.com (no affiliation)
Boostd, I am absolutely hammered at the moment, but if no one explains the short comings of LFS' physics and gives you the low down on what LFSTweak can and can't do within a couple of days.. I'll post to let you know about it.
If you want to modify boost and wheel size, you have to tweak XRG.
Excellent replies guys thanks!

Not sure why it says I joined in 06 - I only unlocked the game earlier this week however I have had the demo for quite some time so perhaps I joined when I got the demo version.

With this older version you have suggested, will this affect the installation of my new version? Will I have any problem having both the old and new version unlocked?

Thanks!
You can run as many different versions as you want but remember you have a limited amount of unlocks (start with 3 then you get 1 each friday to a maximum of 2)
Okay - tried what you said... got a copy of LFS S2 Patch Q and an older LFS tweak that lets you tune the XRT which is what I need.

It works fine... except when I try to unlock it I get:

"The program was unable to connect to the master server"

Any ideas? I didnt have any issues with the newer version.

Thanks.
Quote from BOOSTD :Okay - tried what you said... got a copy of LFS S2 Patch Q and an older LFS tweak that lets you tune the XRT which is what I need.

Thanks.

Just tweak patch Z's XRG.
#10 - Byku
You could try this http://laplaya.site90.com/ tweakers for Z version of LFS. Good luck with it!

Oh... and if You want to unlock version Q of LFS... You will have to use the c......
Quote from BOOSTD :Hi guys,

I am new to simulator racing. Most of my time has been spent out on a real race track in a purpose built track car. Firstly, I would just like to say how accurate the LFS physics are - I was honestly amazed at how predictable and true the physics modelling of LFS and a few other sims have been. It's a tribute to technology and shows me how far we have come developing these simulators.

Now, what I would really like is a car in LFS which has similar statistics to my own real car. Would it be possible to modify a car in the game to meet my specs? I downloaded the LFS tweak but its not really giving me the options I need to make my car.

My car specs are below and I would really appreciate if someone could help me make it (using the XRT base would be most suitable)

97 Nissan 180sx (or 240sx for those in the US but with SR20DET)
* 280kw or 375hp (at the engine)
* 1210kg or 2667.59 pounds (if I have converted right)
* Peak boost - 19psi
* Redline 7500rpm
* 245/50/16 rear and 225/50/16 front

Its a 4 cylinder, 2000cc and its a 5 speed manual gear box.

The car is RWD and uses sticky road tyres.

Is it possible to re-create this car for the game? I would love to compare the two.

Much appreciated!

If you want design from scratch and drive your own car you should try this sim:

http://www.racer.nl/

Quote from BOOSTD :Okay - tried what you said... got a copy of LFS S2 Patch Q and an older LFS tweak that lets you tune the XRT which is what I need.

Thanks.

As far as i remember, LFS S2V is the last version where you could choose the psi, turbo, displacement and tyre/rim dimensions for the XRT. No need to use the old Q version. I don't know though if you can still unlock it. pm me if you don't know where to get them.
Quote from dRonRS :As far as i remember, LFS S2V is the last version where you could choose the psi, turbo, displacement and tyre/rim dimensions for the XRT. No need to use the old Q version. I don't know though if you can still unlock it. pm me if you don't know where to get them.

Patch V has no clutch damage, etc.

He can tweak Z's XRG.
Tried modifying XRG - cannot here turbo spool or blow off valve though?
#16 - senn
tweak the XRT instead, you're S2 licenced. Can't remember if you can change tyre size with the XRT tho, and i'm not on my PC so i can't check for you..

On another note, your name isn't Adam is it?(i used to know someone with the nick BOOSTD a long time ago...probably off IRC)

Good luck.
Quote from BOOSTD :Tried modifying XRG - cannot here turbo spool or blow off valve though?

Use Single Car Editor not Cartype editor.
Quote from Shadowww :Use Single Car Editor not Cartype editor.

Doesn't the engine sound still need a sample for the turbo, else you won't hear anything when it's spooling?
Quote from Bob Smith :Doesn't the engine sound still need a sample for the turbo, else you won't hear anything when it's spooling?

Won't turbo setting show in Shift+A when turbo is tweaked to XRG?

If it is, 2OP: just save turbo and BOV sounds from XRT and load them to XRG+Turbo.

Edit: it does, I attached turbo sound
Attached files
XRG_Turbo.eng - 426.7 KB - 262 views
I failed? You just proved me correct (it's a missing sound, not a missing turbo).
Oh. You didn't. Sorry.

(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG