The online racing simulator
BF1 and AS Nat. w/ GTR Madness!!
(36 posts, started )
Quote from SamH :You hum it, I'll play it.

We're out for some load-testing, so name your prize.. GTRs on which track? I'll get a 23-seat server up first thing in the morning. You da boss.

UFR/XFR on Aston Historic or Blackwood.
I'm quite happy racing my FZR on any track going. TBH I find AS. Nat and BW quite incredable dull. I'm getting into KY GP Long, thats a good track. But I will race anywhere. I'm also not afraid of trying new combos. I espiacially like going down the UF's to see what their up too when I fancy a change of pace. Prehaps a slot allocation system could be offered up to the Devs if thats what the community calls for. The master server will only 'stock' a certain number of BW/BF1's or AS. NAT/GTR's servers. Then once those slots are filled a server must choose some other combo . . .
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
pickup
we should have a system like i know from back in quake3 times.

u just go to the irc pickup channel, tyre !add or something and a pickup bot would add u into a list with other added people in the title. u would just have to Set a combo and wait for enough people to join in, that was the best way in quake3 to get a 20 minute game without people just leaving and geting uneven teams. i think in lfs this system could make it easyer to do a 20+ lap race without havint to join a league for that. if only some1 had a server and was willing to try this out

btw: channel for q3 pickup was #q3pickup on quaknet i think, if anyone wants to ask around for an add bot or something.

grts, ts-jojo
Prehaps it could be a feature of LFS world that you enter your parameters into a 'live' server feed and that when enough people have highlighted a combo their willing to drive or that your parameters have been met then You click ok and LFS will start automatically to put you straight into the server . . . .

This can be done without having to go into LFS itself so you are free to surf and browse the forums untill your mates or a track presents itself that you are up to race on . . . .

Or does LFSWorld already cater for that kinda thing. I havn't really spent much time around LFSW, don't find it particularily ergonomic and user friendly.
u are right, with lfsworld at hand it could be done so that its very easy for the drivers. But the devs would have to make adjustments to that and i think its not to easy to set up a good system like that. with a irc channel people of the comunity can do it them self and i just know there are plenty of people willing to do it, and have enough knowlegde to organize something like this. if i had a server i would give it a try, but i'm no expert on irc bots and stuff. and i dont have a server :/

grts ts-jojo
#31 - SamH
Quote from Leifde :UFR/XFR on Aston Historic or Blackwood.

ukct.net Blackwood UFR XFR is up and running! For added variety, it's 15 laps and a pitstop IS required. Have at!
I just mis all the good old FOX servers. They're all running BF1 now. :/
Quote from SamH :ukct.net Blackwood UFR XFR is up and running! For added variety, it's 15 laps and a pitstop IS required. Have at!

I'll be on it tomorrow!
Quote from SamH :ukct.net Blackwood UFR XFR is up and running! For added variety, it's 15 laps and a pitstop IS required. Have at!

me too!
Quote from RacingSimFan :And for that matter why the hell are nearly all of the non-oval BF1 servers running Blackwood?!?!? In case you still haven't figured out the Guru's cryptic message: THE BF1 LAPS WELL UNDER A MINUTE AT BLACKWOOD!!!! Been there, done that...MOVE ON!!!!

Variety is the spice of life!

The new Aston configs are very interesting and I wish they would get used more often. North is a blast to drive, a real roller coaster ride. Westhill is also very suited to the BF1.

On the topic of GTR's, has the FZR advantage been removed or reduced? I prefer XRR but would like to contend for wins now and again.

i think the XRR lacks a little bit still, i was racing at aston north in the fzr vs an XRR and both on Race S setup, i managed a 1:50.82 and he did a 1:51.31, he is alot better driver than me, but i won the race due to the car i think, although now i am down to a 1:49.8 so i think the FZR will still be faster
Quote from mrodgers :I was hoping to see some more active servers with folks on over here in the US with the patch, but, it doesn't seem to be the case. There are a few more racers, but not as many as I'd expected.

The problem is, running a server is a big pain in the ass. I play with a few friends and we generally play with a password enabled. I've tried leaving the server open several times, and it can sometimes be good fun. However; most of the time it devolves into being not much fun. It's either a revolving door of people who stop by for three laps, then leave, or people who come on, race twice, then ask to change cars/tracks/etc. That, in itself, isn't a big deal. But when you get five people all wanting to switch the track or run the FO8 it gets irritating. Especially when the damn F08 is already enabled on a ton of other servers. I want to run something OTHER than the Formulas and GTRs every once in a while!

I've resolved myself to playing when my group of friends can play. If they're not available I'll race the AI or hotlap with my own ghost.

And where long races are concerned, i generally prefer the shorter ones. Unless you have a lot of drivers, and unless they're fairly well matched, long races aren't a whole lot of fun. I'd rather race 5 laps and finish within visible distance of my buddies than race 25 laps and be on the other side of the track by myself the whole race. Long races CAN be a lot of fun. But not when you've got 5 guys with a 5 second per lap spread between them.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG