The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Reflective Strips, LED's, Bodykit with truck lights attacted, this takes rice to a whole new level!

Wait, who is the ****head that put 'Hamilton' on the windscreen? :arge:
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Reflective Strips, LED's, Bodykit with truck lights attacted, this takes rice to a whole new level!

Wait, who is the ****head that put 'Hamilton' on the windscreen? :arge:

Probably someone named Hamilton.
Lol That Skyline is Mint

Back Spoiler makes it look like a Shopping trolley though :/
Well, after my incident in the snow a few months back, i finally started to do some work on it.

Pics of how it looked then and how it is now are attached.

First i buffed the bit of the wing near the dent with 800 grit wet and dry paper to dull the surface of paint.

I then got my 4 1/2" grinder and one of those abrasive flap disc things and took all the paint off in and around the dent so the filler would stick. I took off all the bubble rust on the wheelarch edge while i was at it.

Filler time! I had to do this in stages as eventhough i have knocked some of the dent out it is fairly deep in places so i had to build it up in layers so... fill, sand, fill again, sand again, fill again, sand again. Then a quick coat of high build primer just to cover the filler, and some of the bare metal i exposed by sorting the arch out.

The filler is still a little rough in patches, it has pitted in places, and there are some small lines in it, a thing that always annoys me about using filler, a little hard bit gets caught on the spreader and makes a line everywhere i try and fill! Plus as i only finished at about 9pm (1 hour ago here) so it was very nearly dark!

Next weeks jobs...

Re-sand the whole wing from top to bottom with 800 grit paper,

Use fine surface filler paste in the small faults in the filler,

Sand again with 1000 grit paper,

1 coat primer,

Sand whole wing with 1200 grit paper,

Another coat of primer,

Resand with 1500 grit paper.

Last good coat of primer, maybe two if i have time.

3x coats of paint,

and finally 3x coats of clear lacquer.

Should be good then!
Attached images
bent wing.jpg
better wing.jpg
Wow done a nice job there !

Not usual Seeing a banger Boy do something like that?

Porter power or a Hammer :P
i have a 2003 ford fiesta zetec 1.4i

runs like a dream!

is my first car lol

pics soon
There wasnt much room for a hammer, and as for the porta power, it currently p!sses out oil, and the short little wide pad thing is broken!

Not there yet, but should be fairly OK once done, the main downside being i will be using aerosol spray paint, and as its a metallic silver, it may not end that well.
Quote from scottmackie :i have a 2003 ford fiesta zetec 1.4i

runs like a dream!

is my first car lol

pics soon

Get on fiestaownersclub.com!!
Quote from Klutch :FWD skids are never cool

Especially not when people have to push it back first.
Someone needs to rename this thread "Random car stuff" since it seems to be getting less and less about the actual cars that actual people own, and more about just random car-related stuff that people like
Lol, i think im about to buy a 3" straight-through exhaust and a radiator with a thermo fan

**** impulsive buying.
I got the correct colour of paint mixed today as the pre mixed colours already in aerosol tins didnt match properly at all so they mixed me 1/2 a litre in an aerosol can instead.

I had a little practice on a bit of the wing nearest the door to check its the correct colour, which it is, but it came out ****!

It covers ok, and the metallic finish itself is ok, (not streaky, which can happen with metallics) but is SO thin, really thin infact, almost like water.

I can see there being a lot of runs, and even more industrial swearing on the day.

If all else fails and i cant get it looking any good i may end up just blowing the whole car over in white, as i have loads left from when i had my astra, and it is a lot thicker paint which goes on better.
Just apply plenty of coats...
Thats what i was already doing, literally misting it on very lightly from about 6 to 8 inches away from the panel. Looks like i will have to mask up the whole car apart from the wing, stand about 4 foot away and just point and shoot!
Mercedes-Benz 124 c 16v
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG