The online racing simulator
using buttonbox to change antirollbar settings
Hey,

is there a way to set up buttons so that you are able to use them to change antirollbar setting (not having to press F11 and then use the arrow keys)by writing an extra line in a file for example?

thx in advance.

Joost
You can use a button-bound macro to simulate key presses and change antiroll bars live.

Check documentation
You need some macros (scripts) like this one

A file must be placed in the ../lfs/data/script folder called something like arb_fr_up.lfs
(Also attached)
Quote :
// Anti Roll Bar Front increase
// removes the F11 screen when completed
/press f11
/press down
/press right
/press f11

(// means comment is here)

Then you bind a script execute command to one of your button box buttons in the LFS Controls menu under Ctrl + or Alt + to call the script eg:
/run arb_fr_up (edit: removed typo)

Assign the button box button to that bind.

Repeat for ...
arb_fr_dn.lfs (arb front down)
arb_r_up.lfs
arb_r_dn.lfs

Also see ../lfs/docs/commands.txt for more detailed help
Attached files
arb_fr_up.zip - 220 B - 143 views
thx allot guys
Quote from JasonJ :
.....in the LFS Controls menu under Ctrl + or Alt + to call the script eg:
/run arb_fr_up.lfs

this should be /run arb_fr_up (without the .LFS)
if anyone wants to use it.

Thanxx for the help guys. simple and easy answer.
Correct, sorry for the mistake - copy/paste fail
Glad you got it working - I was wondering casually if you notice the ARB menu popping up/flickering when you hold down the binds? I didn't actually test the script with a bind myself cause I don't have any buttons/binds free.
no, didn't see anything
is there also a way to do this wheter the F11 screen is open or not
cuz when the F11 screen is open now; it won't work :d
Well there is no way to detect if the F11 screen is open so you can't script it in to figure out if the F11 needs to be pressed or not.

BUT !

If you script it in to press something like F10 or F9 first, then when the script presses the F11 the first time, it will turn off the pre-pressed F9 screen and SWITCH to F11 screen everytime.
The only downside I can see is if you have F11 already on, it's gonna switch it off after adjusting the arb. But at least the dashboard settings won't get changed if F11 screen is on at the start.

in summary...
Just add /press F10 to the beginning of the script file. Edit with notepad.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG