The online racing simulator
mk6 fiesta help
(20 posts, started )
mk6 fiesta help
i have looked on the internet and surprisingly cant find anything :/

i have a 2003 ford fiesta and the front windscreen washers dont work :S

the rear washer does and i can hear the pump working, but when i push the button for the front washers nothing.. :S

any suggestions or similar experience?

ty
erm is their any washer fluid in it?
#3 - J@tko
Doesn't have separate thingies for front and rear washers?

[OT: A 2003 Fiesta is Mk 6?!! wow!]
yes there is washer fluid
1. i filled it
2. the rear washer works

and yes 2003
yup it is mk6
#6 - Jakg
Clean out the lines using compressed air?
i kinda worded it wrong

i can hear the pumps working for the back

but not for the front

sorry lol
You mentioned the rear washer works... my mk3 fiesta had 2 seperate circuits (and motors) for the front and rear washers on the one pump, so if the pump is knackered on the front circuit then the back washer would still work as you described.
there is no water or pump noise when i press the front washer button
With a mk6 there could even be 2 seperate pumps. If this is the case, and the wiring plug is the same on both, just swap the wiring and pipework over, the rear pump then runs the front washers. A bit of a bodge but it'll get you outta trouble for a while.
First thing you'd try a switch.... check fuses etc..
i looked through my hand book and at fuses but there were no specific fuses for window washers just for front wipers and rear wipers :S
I would be very surprised if the front and rear washers were on different fuses anyway, and as your back one works that kinda rules that out. I believe that the washers use the same fuse as the wipers do.
i think they are it looks that way in the book
but the front wipers work which rules that out ¬_¬ lol
Yeah, that too

It is a remote possibility, but it may even be a faulty connection or switch on the washer/wiper stalk, as front and rear switches are again, seperate as far as i remember.
yeh they are

to engage rear washer you pull the lever towards you twice and to engage the front washers push the button on the end of the lever

lol

ye might be wiring is it worth taking to a ford garage???
i would try and find a local mechanic/garage if it were me, as from experiance, dealerships know how to charge, a LOT!
tell me about it :P
Check wiper switch in the dash?
Find the front washer motor, connect the wires to a multimeter/tester if possible and see if you get a connection, if you do remove the washer motor and see if you can strip it out and clean it, often they just get clogged up and simply clearing them out is all it takes.

mk6 fiesta help
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG