The online racing simulator
summertime=summer-rims
(44 posts, started )
#26 - Jakg
Quote from atledreier :Mine...

Damn that looks AWESOME!

Do you have any specs of the car stock? I can't seem to find any high-power models on Parkers, but i'd like to know stuff like MPG, insurance group etc if you have a link?
here's the only car that i have that i put the summer tires back on...my saturn and alero run on winter tires all year around
Attached images
justin VW.jpg
Over here they salt the crap out of our roads. Salt all over the roads for 4 months coupled with sub freezing temps for that same time and "nice" wheels means when summer comes, you no longer have "nice" wheels.

Me, I'm not a wuss. I have the same tires and stock wheels with plastic hubcaps summer and winter. I don't need freakin winter/summer tires. I don't drive like an idiot thinking I am on the racetrack in the summer so I don't need wider stickier tires and I've lived with the snow since I've started driving in 1988 and I'm not as stupid as everyone else around me who forget how to drive in the snow after a week's period of warmer weather.
The concept of "seasonal tires" must sound weird for some in different countries. But ie. in here Finland if I wouldn't change to stud tires when the winter comes I couldn't even get my bloody car to move! Lots of ice and snow means basically zero grip with summer tires.

And yes I changed to summer tires today. No more pitying those boring stud tires and so went for a drive and man it feels good to kick the back end out in dry asphalt again!
I feel like falling in love with my car again...
Quote from sil3ntwar :I fail to understand why you would change the rims with the season.

in snow you want a skinny tyre... summer you want a wide...

Very simple and effective...

i had Snow slicks before... paid 50 for the alloys, got the tyres for free... they where bald within 15 minutes...
Quote from sil3ntwar :I fail to understand why you would change the rims with the season.

It's simple:
You get up to +50*C in Summer, and down to -25*C in winter. There is no reasonably priced tyre that can work in this temprature range well. Summer tire is made from a harder compound, it only has good grip till +5*C in average, then its loses significant amount of grip. Winter tires are made of much softer compound and have a much deaper tread for obvious reasons of driving in the snow. Using them in the warm weather is possible, but they aren't giving their best grip and wear fast.
Quote from mrodgers :Over here they salt the crap out of our roads. Salt all over the roads for 4 months coupled with sub freezing temps for that same time and "nice" wheels means when summer comes, you no longer have "nice" wheels.

Me, I'm not a wuss. I have the same tires and stock wheels with plastic hubcaps summer and winter. I don't need freakin winter/summer tires. I don't drive like an idiot thinking I am on the racetrack in the summer so I don't need wider stickier tires and I've lived with the snow since I've started driving in 1988 and I'm not as stupid as everyone else around me who forget how to drive in the snow after a week's period of warmer weather.

Let me guess... you live in Minnesota?
Quote from Jakg :Damn that looks AWESOME!

Do you have any specs of the car stock? I can't seem to find any high-power models on Parkers, but i'd like to know stuff like MPG, insurance group etc if you have a link?

Thank you!

Here you go! A nice site about the 323GTR.

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~kevmo/
#34 - Osco
summer wheels:

have been on past winter too, but cba to change them last year
Is that a Miata? Nice rims, but they need a good scrub...
#36 - Osco
yeah it is. I don't care for cleaning the wheels, within 5 miles of driving they're covered in brakedust already so meh..
Get some grooved disks. Great fro removing dust. I have almost no brakedust on my rims even after a week of not cleaning them. That's with stock pads too.
#38 - Osco
I don't see how grooved disks (or rotors) will clean dust off of my wheels. FYI, I don't run stock pads and their dust is non-corrosive. I can just wipe it off if I want, but it makes my wheels look cool :hide:
The grooves sent the dust differently, apparently. I dunno...

Got a pic of the rest of the car? What year is it? Mods?
#40 - Osco
check out the 'Post your car' topic. It's a '94 with various mods done. I'll post some in that topic
Quote from atledreier :Thank you!

Here you go! A nice site about the 323GTR.

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~kevmo/

their a brilliant car... didnt the original have a seriously weak crank though...

but they get a hard life being the little beast they are...

ive much kudos for these nippy shopping karts.
No weak crank. The early GTX and GT did have a weak crank pulley assembly, but they fixed it. The gearbox will see some abuse and they break realtively easy. Not from the forces per se, but the oil overheat, making thehousing expand too much, shearing the bearing mounts, which in turn shear the gears. But it's a matter of driving style really. Some can drive 100.000km without even an oil change, others break 5 boxes per year...

I love it, and I'm taking it to the track tomorrow! Cant't wait!
Quote from Klutch :RS Watanabes
14x6.5 +25

only decent car in this thread. glad to see it come from an aussie.

summertime=summer-rims
(44 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG