The online racing simulator
I still fail to understand how the devs actually communicating with us would be a bad thing. Some of you guys seem to think that the moaning situation on the forums would be as bad, or even worse, if the devs started talking with us (or to us).

What I understand is that you think some people will moan just as much or more if they have information about what is going on with LFS, presumably because they would not be happy with the state of the development. However, I don't see what could be so bad in update news that would piss off people more than an almost complete lack of communication with us. The game would have to be cancelled and announced as so to annoy people even more than this.

Besides, there's two more things to note about people that would moan about updated development:

1. They can moan as much as they want, and in a way you can't expect everyone to be happy. Some people will not be happy with the way Scavier are developing actual elements in the game, let alone their schedule or road plan. This will happen whether Scavier talk to us or not.

2. So? Have Scavier every shown to be influenced by moaners, let alone the community's opinion? Yes, maybe some suggestions are taken into consideration, but I'm sure Scavier basically overlook all the moaning, they're very good at that! So even if there was more moaning with Scavier talking to us, they wouldn't care. Only users care about the moaning.
Quote from Gil07 :S14 Daft, why do you always want everything from everyone, NOW? Has it ever occurred to you that other people may have lives that don't involve being your slave?

Hahah. No.

Is what I would *like* really such a big thing? How is liking the idea of a small monthly blog from the devs about my favourite racing sim asking people to be a slave. It's not like I keep nagging about the Scirocco or progress. There are many other users who post utter shit and constantly nag, and yet I say "it'd be nice if we had some idea of what's going on with LFS on a small once monthly blog" and I'm expecting everything from everyone? Are you just having a pop at me for no reason, or is there some logic behind your point?

My point about Mini golf was simply that no-one can use the "omg he's too busy making sciroccoz0rz!1!". Also that the blog wouldn't just be Scirocco related, it'd be about everything LFS.
Quote from zeugnimod :I guess you didn't mean it like that but this is a very bold statement and I would be pretty pissed if I were a dev and read this.

Sure, but any reaction form the devs side would be good, either if it was a negative reaction or positive.
Having an forum is doomed to attract both positive (fanboys) and negative (moaning users aka me). If you as dev, canot chanalize the constructive critism, or listen on feedback, well then in my honest opinion your misunderstanding something.

Now, I don't say "DEVS DO AS I WANT NOW!!!!" but having an imput or listen on some feedback and then give some feedback from time to time doesn't hurt. There is no doubt that I an other users have moaned and complained about things that canot be changed, and nor will be changed. But from all the things that have been written in various topics these last weeks there have been a great amount of constructive critism that the devs really should take into consideration. Problem with those critisms is that the fanboys will jump all over you and eat your balls while totally ignoring the actually questions / text itself. If you question the devs your a moaner, end of story.

As someone said in the Scirocco topic, most of the ruckluss is due to the fact that the devs said the car itself most likely would be released in early 2009. Most user then though it were going to be in jan-marc somewhere, but we thought wrong. Now seeing that we soon entering may it wouldn't hurt to just let the community know how far or estimated time left aprox before the car is released / new patch. People will sure moan if it gets dellayed more, but less moaning than complete sillence. I do know LFS is, or can be best desribed as communism, where your thoughts and imputs are fugile, but a little "what's going on" note is all I ask for.
Don't even need to be often, once every twice or third month

I don't know how to write very constructive critism, but I'll doing my best as a drunken norwegian to find a good way saying _this_ reply in without sounding like a brain fuked idiot who are too busy moaning to see the facts. The facts is that LFS is developing slow, and we'll just have to accept that, aswell as the total sillence of the devs. I don't care if the game takes 95 years to develop, just as long as we do get a little update every now and then to let us know that things are ok and what they are working on. Saying the trumph card : "we are working on things you do know of, and things yet to be revealed" is getting old. It worked the 4 first years, but at least give me a orginal excuse this time
Quote from The Very End :Sure, but any reaction form the devs side would be good, either if it was a negative reaction or positive.

I disagree.
#30 - CSU1
Quote from CSU1 :Tell me zeug, are you a BT(beta tester)?

No, I just trust the devs and don't randomly start to think that they died or stopped development from one day to the other.
Quote from zeugnimod :No, I just trust the devs and don't randomly start to think that they died or stopped development from one day to the other.

Shadowww + zeugnimod =
No, thx.
Yeah Shadow, go away. Zeug doesn't want other than me to pleasure him!
Hahha, Shadowww ... u just got so pwnt!
Quote from The Very End :Yeah Shadow, go away. Zeug doesn't want other than me to pleasure him!

Well then what happened to Tukko And Z's love feast? oh where's my lovin Z.
Quote from rc10racer :Well then what happened to Tukko And Z's love feast? oh where's my lovin Z.

I hate everyone now.
@OP - I can do without a true dev blog, but it would be nice if they resumed posting some updates like they used to do (http://www.lfs.net and browse news archive)

Also some things Scawen says on the forum could be slightly edited and posted as news, so that one doesn't need to sift through his posts to find out.
NightShift, Exactly. If not a blog even just some sort of updates again to the News page.... I mean, in the news updates on lfs.net there was 8 posts in the last 1/2 of last year raving on about and hyping the scirocco, along with other improments to LFS. Since December 15 there has been nothing on official updates or any hint IF the car will ever be released or if the game is still being developed...

I highly doubt development has stopped but ATM its all wishful thinking as theres no official sign on whats happening...

I think at the very least a Blog/News update will stop all the "Is Scawen dead" threads...
Quote from Foilpact :NightShift, Exactly. If not a blog even just some sort of updates again to the News page.... I mean, in the news updates on lfs.net there was 8 posts in the last 1/2 of last year raving on about and hyping the scirocco, along with other improments to LFS. Since December 15 there has been nothing on official updates or any hint IF the car will ever be released or if the game is still being developed...

I highly doubt development has stopped but ATM its all wishful thinking as theres no official sign on whats happening...

I think at the very least a Blog/News update will stop all the "Is Scawen dead" threads...

But Scawen in one thread asked people to stop asking if he was dead, since he wasn't, and that he would ignore people who made topics about it. Still, a update on how things going would be much pleasant.
#44 - CSU1
A twitter feed from the Devs could be a good idea, as people can follow it and all.
-
(Shadowww) DELETED by Bob Smith : server owner changed image to something less pleasant
-
(JasonJ) DELETED by JasonJ
-
(Chrisuu01) DELETED by Bob Smith : server owner changed image to something less pleasant
-
(The Very End) DELETED by Bob Smith : server owner changed image to something less pleasant
Quote from Dajmin :What would everyone do if we get all this bitching and then in 2 weeks we get a new message saying they've reworked the engine for Dx9 along with perfected collision detection and a complete damage model?

How do you know they're not going to? Surely the sign of someone actually doing work is the fact that they're not sitting around writing about it. Hell, I know I make more forum posts when I'm bored at work.

Patience is a virtue, grasshopper. Use it. Life is long, the wait is merely living it.

Flip side is that maybe they don't want to post status updates, because the "perceived" progress is very small and would cause outrage.

I think the chances of a significant update is unlikely. The declining speed of development, doesn't lend serious support for that theory.

If you look at the "where's the VWS" thread, there was a user who spent some time compiling several graphs , showing time between releases and there's a clear trend. http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... hp?p=1143940#post1143940
lol, i agree we need news about whats going down in LFS WORLD....more rapidly.....I mean come on......no news on the new physics and the VW for over 4 months??? Booo....
Quote from Speedster23 :lol, i agree we need news about whats going down in LFS WORLD....more rapidly.....I mean come on......no news on the new physics and the VW for over 4 months??? Booo....

The Devs can't legislate for idiots who aren't able to read...
Quote from Speedster23 :lol, i agree we need news about whats going down in LFS WORLD....more rapidly.....I mean come on......no news on the new physics and the VW for over 4 months??? Booo....

If you read around you'll find information posted by the devs. As they have stated before, they are working on it as we speak. But due to the fact that .. well they don't know when they feel it's finished, they canot give an estimated release time.

I agree, the more information - the better. But for now we just have to accept that they are working on it, and will inform us when it's close to a finished product (the new physics).

Happy new year!

An official patch has been released just over a month ago, ffs.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG