The online racing simulator
summertime=summer-rims
(44 posts, started )
summertime=summer-rims
sooo, the summer is coming up, and every one with a car changes to summertires

so post yours or your families rims

mine:!
What, you change your wheels with the seasons?
Lot of countries do, usually in places where they have severe weather one way or the other.
Not so common here in the UK since we need wet weather tyres all year round
I was thinking of changing my hubcaps, but the ones that are on it are the only matching set I found. All my others only have one or two from a set
Racing slicks are legal in Nevada.

Hmm
Mine...
Attached images
gtr1.jpg
gtr2.jpg
Quote from Dajmin :Lot of countries do, usually in places where they have severe weather one way or the other.
Not so common here in the UK since we need wet weather tyres all year round

ok, that makes sense. I was thinking it was for aesthetic reasons.
#8 - kirmy
Quote from asbjoern :sooo, the summer is coming up, and every one with a car changes to summertires

so post yours or your families rims

mine:!

i dont know why but that volvo is really good looking, those rims make it look mean or something, but it certainly looks nice
Quote from Crashgate3 :What, you change your wheels with the seasons?

Yeah, as said many countries enforce snow tyres because they get much more snow than we ever get..

Although I guess some may keep the "snow rims" on for looks.. just with a more road biased tyre..
Quote from atledreier :Mine...

cool, whats the dimension on those?

Quote from kirmy :i dont know why but that volvo is really good looking, those rims make it look mean or something, but it certainly looks nice

well, thanks! i dont really hear that much, especially from brits
Quote from asbjoern :cool, whats the dimension on those?

Not very big. 215/45-16. Plenty big for the car, though. The car rides even better on stock dimension of 195/55-15. Better steerign response and better traction. Love the car, though!
Quote from atledreier :Not very big. 215/45-16. Plenty big for the car, though. The car rides even better on stock dimension of 195/55-15. Better steerign response and better traction. Love the car, though!

its not the racing version is it??!
our family never changes their rims, so should I still post the stock ones? Also, I have four cars in my driveway. Should I post our '84 318i rims? Or my bro's T/A GT rims?
It's the GTR, factory built for Group N racing. Mada 323 for the ones that don't know the car. AWD, 1,8l turbocharged inline four-banger. LSD rear and center diffs, 1200kg with me in it. Stock it's 185hp, but I've done a few mods to it, and it's currently giving me around 240hp at all four wheels. Close ratio gearbox and GREAT handling, as a few higher end cars have found out the hard way..

You'd think Mazda had plans with the car, though. Like the engine. The stock boost is 0,65Bar, but the ECU is mapped to 2bar, the injectors, pistons and rods will take almost all of that, the turbo will gove even more than 2bar. The car has factory mounts for 4point harnesses (which I use). The brakes are great, as for group N you're not allowed to change disks, just pads. The weak spot is the gearbos and transfer on these cars. Stock boost is fine, but higher power require some though while driving hard. Not much of an issue, but some drivers go through gearboxes like they were free.
asbjoern, that Volvo really looks good!
Anyway, here's one more Volvo on summer rims.
Attached images
DSC07114.JPG
Strangely that car hasn't aged much, I think it still looks fresh.
yea the v70 is a really nice car especially the R version!
Isn't that an 850 Estate? Or is it called V70 over there or what.
v70

*totaly confused*..

Those two cars are like, totally the same car! Only the colors differs, right?
We never change summer tyres in Brazil here because it's summer all year round

Quote from atledreier :Those two cars are like, totally the same car! Only the colors differs, right?

The former has more smooth lines and the latter looks really boxed
I consider it a "upgrade" on the car
I fail to understand why you would change the rims with the season.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Isn't that an 850 Estate? Or is it called V70 over there or what.

The 850 is the older model.

The V70 (old shape) is very similar, but sort of a newer, facelifted model.

Then you've got the 2000ish onwards V70, which looks quite different,

and then the 2007ish onwards model, which looks very different

Don't kill me for my knowledge of Volvos.
Quote from sil3ntwar :I fail to understand why you would change the rims with the season.

Two reasons really:
1. Different size. During summer you can use wider tires with bigger alloys (for looks), but during winter you want thinner tires for better grip (digs through snow better) and smaller wheel radius leaves some room in wheel wells which will get packed with snow and ice.
2. Convenience. Try fitting different rubber on wheels your car is actually sitting on and tell me it's easier than having two complete sets you can just quickly swap in your garage.

summertime=summer-rims
(44 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG