The online racing simulator
X360 "Jasper" model? Whats special about it?
hi all! I've read on the net about a new version of the 360 that was released recently. Apparently, all the console bundles with RES5 were Jasper models which apparently are meant to be a lot quieter but what I want to ask is, first of all, how do I know if the console I'm getting is a Jasper (when bought stand alone) and secondly, is it really worth it? I mean, is it just that its quieter or are the specs slightly better? I'd probably still sell my 360 and get it even if its quieter but because its a bit bizarre how loud it is but question is, is there a dramatic difference or only a little? thanks
#2 - (SaM)
All Xbox 360s manufactured from late 2008 (they were in stores around November 25, 2008) feature Jasper chips. So any XBox you buy new is going to have the latest chipset, for the same price.

It's improved alot on reliability (better and more silent cooling), but performance is the same. I think it also means that all Xbox 360s with the Jasper chip also have an HDMI output, contrary to the previous versions of which only the Elite had an HDMI output.
A lot of people have proved that the Jasper chipsets are no more reliable than the older chipsets. Ive got a Jasper Chipset 360 and you cant notice any difference apart from maybe it not running as hot as my old 360 did.
65 nm GPU & PCU
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
The Jasper is less prone to the RRoD, but of course it can still happen. The inherent problem with 360s is the motherboard layout. The smaller CPU/GPU makes it easier to cool, but doesn't fix the retarded design
well, thankfully, I've never had the RROD (please God I never do ) but if it were to happen, Microsoft should replace it no problem, yeah? I have a funny feeling though that I may have the Jasper because I did get my 360 in August or October which would equate to late 2008, wouldn't it? I'd love to see the jasper working though so that I can see how much quieter it is.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG