The online racing simulator
4/20???
(45 posts, started )
Quote from greg_slideways :well idk what you think weed does to you but you can still function. So it isnt much of a waste of a day.

I know exactly what it does as I used to smoke when I was at uni. I stopped for exactly the reasons I stated. Also, "you can still function" isn't my idea of being alive personally. I just don't see the point of messing up my head to any level when there is so much to experience in the real world. Sure every now and again at a party maybe is one thing, I have no aversion to that. But you know as well as I do, that the majority of stoners don't limit themselves to the occasional toke at the odd party
I have said it before, and will say it again...
Weed does affect people very differently. It depends a lot on the person.

You cannot answer this in general. Maybe you cannot have an "active" life anymore when you smoke too much weed, but believe me, there are many people who can (and enjoy it).

I smoke weed everyday, since quite a few years.

I have a good job (which requires somebody with a functioning brain), a nice apartment, good friends, i ride my bike, go snowboarding, go traveling, enjoy making music, blablabla.

It's not like all i do when smoking weed is sit at home and stare at the four walls in my room all night long, while listening to Bob Marley or Pink Floyd.
I am as productive as anybody else... Heck, i even go snowboarding when i'm "high" (just an example).

At some point during my education, i stopped smoking weed for several months (without a single problem). I've wanted to show my boss that i would still be the same person without smoking weed (as in, show him that weed does not affect my workflow). It didn't change anything. Work was still the same... It didn't change the way i lived my life, nor the way how i used to spend my free time (activities).

There are people who shouldn't smoke weed, because it will affect them in negative ways. But you can say the same about alcohol or any other kind of drug.
#28 - STF
IMO, alcohol and tobacco, are way more unpleasant/distructive than a filled up bong.
Speaking of addiction, alcohol is addictive; so is tobacco. weed is not. You can stop one day, and feel nothing more than "i wish to feel that good again", the next day you`re 100% operational. Alcohol.. you need at least 1 day to come back to normal from a proper hangover, and if we speak addiction, months of therapy.
Tobacco.. some get addicted to it, some not. I think it`s genetic somehow. I seem to be able to smoke for a month, 1-2 packs a day, and then just stop, not feeling any.. particular "need". I do feel my lungs on fire at first, but it goes away. Pain is subjective/relative.

Weed, can`t explain it, it`s like.. secs. some do it because they enjoy it, some get addicted to it, some.. because there`s nothing better to do, or are bored.. some just try to be cool and impress others.
I know when i`m baked, i`m in an altered state of counsciousness. All feelings, emotions, details, little things, are more obvious, i see the world in a different way. Even trees and little subtle hints, body language, make sense, appear obvious.
I know i like mostly the sativa kind of high, not really the indica(body stone) fan, becase indica weed just.. paralyses you, physically, and i like to be able to walk, work, RUN(unheard of), be creative, and not stay in a room like someone said "upstairs^".. thinking i lost half the day stoned.

Some of the best ideas, some of the most creative stuff, your subconscience comes out when high. And with every single experience, i learn new things about myself, my body, the objects near me.
I really advise against other types of drugs, like coke, heroin. Those, not only destroy lives, but kill. Let`s not speak how they destroy the lives of those around you .
It`s everyone`s choice i guess, what he does and with who.. and why. If there is a "why"..
If they would not have banned the cannabis plant, in 1930s.. because of the properties it has, in textile manufacturing(very strong material).. it would have been a better world. Also those who smoked it, were thinking for themselves, outside the box, were more rebelious i guess, and that couldn`t be allowed. Interests were big back then. Kind of like it is now with oil.
Can't experience life without taking SOME risks.

I don't do weed often, once every few months.

I tend to find pills a much, much more pleasurable drug.
I personally think that the whole 4/20 thing is stupid.

Why is it that people who smoke cannabis need to flaunt it.

I personally smoke it fairly often, but I don't want any one to know, I don't go on about it. Only my closest friends really know.
Quote from Becky Rose :I take it you are referring to marry jane, on the grounds that tobacco is legal.

So I have a question for you: Why is it that the longer somebody does drugs the more they feel the need to 'identify' themselves as a drug user as a social group?

I get a bit fed up with long time drug users wearing their addiction on the outside as a badge of pride.

I'm an ex-junkie myself, and i'll put my hands up and admit that there is none so righteous as the converted. The last thing I ever wanted to see is references to drugs all over the place. Even in LFS there are people with drug related user names and drugs blazooned all over their car skins, often with supposedly amusing slogans.

It's the same with alchohol too, although I still abuse that on ocassion, some people feel the need to boast about how much they are screwing themselves up with the stuff.

My advise: Try it, understand it, walk away.

Agree with you 100% Becky
#32 - AMB
Quote from Klutch :Can't experience life without taking SOME risks.

I don't do weed often, once every few months.

I tend to find pills a much, much more pleasurable drug.

Go you!
Quote from DTrott :I personally think that the whole 4/20 thing is stupid.

I personally smoke it fairly often, but I don't want any one to know, I don't go on about it. Only my closest friends really know.

I never see people "flaunting" about it, unless it's premature 15 year olds, but that's natural i guess.

None of the people i work with know that i smoke weed. I bet they would say something like "what?! him?! he doesn't look like that..." if somebody told them. And i never felt the need to tell people that i smoke.
Quote from flymike91 :I celebrated by buying a new bong! San Francisco is a great place to be for 4/20, there is a legal weed dispensary right down the street from my school.

Would not have expected this from you.
Quote from jibber :I have said it before, and will say it again...
Weed does affect people very differently. It depends a lot on the person.

You cannot answer this in general. Maybe you cannot have an "active" life anymore when you smoke too much weed, but believe me, there are many people who can (and enjoy it).

Actually the scientific evidence disagrees with you. Weed affects everyone in pretty much the same ways, it's just a case of how much you need to take before it does so. I assume you are aware that the different types of the drug, their origin and method of growth etc all affect the ultimate mix of the two primary active constituents (THC & CBD) in weed right?? The fact that some people can smoke it regularly and it have little affect on their ability to carry on a "normal" life boils down to a combination of:

a) Their resistance/tolerance to the affects of these two canabinols

and

b) the choice of particular weed they choose to use, (ie the actual proportions of the two canibanols present).

However ultimately, give them enough and of the right kind and the effects of THC and CBD are the same in everybody.

Quote :
I smoke weed everyday, since quite a few years.

I have a good job (which requires somebody with a functioning brain), a nice apartment, good friends, i ride my bike, go snowboarding, go traveling, enjoy making music, blablabla.

It's not like all i do when smoking weed is sit at home and stare at the four walls in my room all night long, while listening to Bob Marley or Pink Floyd.
I am as productive as anybody else... Heck, i even go snowboarding when i'm "high" (just an example).

At some point during my education, i stopped smoking weed for several months (without a single problem). I've wanted to show my boss that i would still be the same person without smoking weed (as in, show him that weed does not affect my workflow). It didn't change anything. Work was still the same... It didn't change the way i lived my life, nor the way how i used to spend my free time (activities).

Also, whilst I'm sure you think you're just as productive etc etc while smoking, I will guarantee you that a set of controlled and proper skills and mental reasoning etc tests will prove that you're not. The fact that you, your boss and collegues can't tell the difference is actually irrelevant.

Quote : There are people who shouldn't smoke weed, because it will affect them in negative ways. But you can say the same about alcohol or any other kind of drug.

Eventually every drug will have a negative affect. It's just a matter of dose. I'm not singling out weed. I have a problem with all drugs, including (and especially), alcohol.
Quote :
Eventually every drug will have a negative affect. It's just a matter of dose. I'm not singling out weed. I have a problem with all drugs, including (and especially), alcohol.

By your logic even breathing has a negative effect, because we are infact getting closer to dying everyday.. oh noes, lets live in fear for the rest of our lives now!

You're not proving anything, people've consumed cannabis for 1000's of years and aren't going to stop because you think it's ruining their lives, lol. Why are you concerned with what other people do, who have no effect on you whatsoever anyways? Get your priorities straight..
A lot more feedback then what I planned, This might become a good thread. So in all righteousness, I will have to agree that while we have used it for 1000's of years, he has a point that smoking decreases you life. Thats just comes with it but it doesnt bother me any!
#38 - 5haz
Naah, stay away from Maurajayjay, it can make you feel paranoid.

I've second hand smoked enough weed in my life, just by sitting on the top deck of the local bus.
Quote from 5haz :Naah, stay away from Maurajayjay, it can make you feel paranoid.

This, of course, is somewhat tounge in cheek but negative things can be good things depending upon your perspective of them.

I admit to having done way to many drugs to being healthy, causing myself all many of problems that I later had to resolve and I don't recommend to anyone to do drugs but I can't deny that plenty of legal pastimes are equally or more damaging.

That said, for me I preffer a life of non-exposure to them because, well, truth be told i'm bloody weak and have found that I have very poor willpower when it comes to resisting. It's easier for me just not to expose myself to them in the first place which is why I get a bit bothered by druggies externalising their habbit and portraying/identifying themselves as either 'druggie' or 'pot smoker'. I find it hard, and I accept and admit that the problem is mine to bear, but i'll damn well moan about it.

I've managed to go nearly 10 years now with 2 (consecutive weekends) slips. /proud flex

Now as for all you wonnabe junkies who "can handle it"... well, I'll just say I had one hell of a constitution for drugs before realising I had a problem.

Still, I got some good poetry out of it.
Quote from WGooden :By your logic even breathing has a negative effect

Nope not my logic, empirical fact. Quite a big difference really.

Quote : because we are infact getting closer to dying everyday.. oh noes, lets live in fear for the rest of our lives now!

PMSL .. saying that like you even know me

Quote :
You're not proving anything...

Actually that's where you're wrong.

Quote : people've consumed cannabis for 1000's of years and aren't going to stop because you think it's ruining their lives, lol. Why are you concerned with what other people do, who have no effect on you whatsoever anyways? Get your priorities straight..

My priorities are straight. But my priorities really aren't any concern of yours now are they? according to your own "logic" that is.

I couldn't give a monkeys what people do with their lives, as long as you say it doesn't affect me. That doesn't stop facts being facts though.
Quote from gezmoor :Actually the scientific evidence disagrees with you. Weed affects everyone in pretty much the same ways, it's just a case of how much you need to take before it does so. I assume you are aware that the different types of the drug, their origin and method of growth etc all affect the ultimate mix of the two primary active constituents (THC & CBD) in weed right?? The fact that some people can smoke it regularly and it have little affect on their ability to carry on a "normal" life boils down to a combination of:

a) Their resistance/tolerance to the affects of these two canabinols

and

b) the choice of particular weed they choose to use, (ie the actual proportions of the two canibanols present).

However ultimately, give them enough and of the right kind and the effects of THC and CBD are the same in everybody.

Also, whilst I'm sure you think you're just as productive etc etc while smoking, I will guarantee you that a set of controlled and proper skills and mental reasoning etc tests will prove that you're not. The fact that you, your boss and collegues can't tell the difference is actually irrelevant.

Of course a certain substance will have the same basic effects for everyone. Like Cyancali will most likely have the effect of killing everybody that takes it.

Weed does have the same basic effects for everybody aswell of course. It enhances your feelings, emotions, speeds up your heart rate, etc. But i wasn't talking about those.

What is different from person to person, is how weed is affecting them. Some people can't handle it very well... they become very lazy, or overly talkative, a little paranoid, etc. And this is nothing which can be applied to everybody who smokes weed. It depends on each individual and their character.

So while i agree with you, that weed has the same basic effects for everybody (including myself), i say that it doesn't affect everybody in the same ways.

I am not analyzing my weed with a microscope, and i'm not a biologist, nor a chemist... so i have not much of an idea regarding the scientific side (i have basic knowledge about it of course, yes).
All i know is that weed has become a lot stronger in the last few years. "Over-grown" indoor weed that is "pushed" (dunno how to say this best, excuse my english) way too far. And i don't smoke this kind of weed (since it's overkill).
I have my trusty source where i know that the weed i buy is decent and not some kind of "anabolic mutant weed" from a laboratory.

But anyway...

While i told you in my post above, that i have a perfectly normal and productive life, you pretty much ignore that comment and tell me it's just what i happen to think/imagine. Don't you think i know myself and my life a little better than you to make a judgement about it?

I've been smoking daily since twelve years now. How long do you think it will take until i get to see those negative effects that will turn me into a braindead unproductive couch potato? Shouldn't it have happend already after those twelve years? Or could it be that maybe you are wrong, and your theory doesn't apply to every person that is smoking weed?

I always was quite a smart person. I won't say i'm a genius , but i know that i'm smart. I was always a fast learner, never had problems with school/work, and this hasn't changed yet.
I am usually among those who figure something out first... who friends ask for advice regarding all kind of problems... etc.

I am not saying that i don't see your point. I'm sure that if i would do some sort of tests, when "sober" and then again, right after smoking weed...
That maybe my reaction times, the time needed to solve a problem, etc. Would be slightly higher when high. But it's a minimal difference (unlike with alcohol for example). I've been driving some of my fastest times in LFS completley high however...

I always scored above average in all those kind of "tests" you can think of. Trust me, compared to the "average joe", i am doing just fine when it comes to those things. Maybe i would be a genuis if i never smoked weed, who knows... but it certainly didn't dumb me down.

Also, almost all of my friends don't smoke weed. And all of them would tell you that i am not a typical weed smoker if you ask them. I've heard various comments like "you are still the same person even if you've smoked" etc (again, as stupid as it may sound for you, but it does affect people differently).

I'm not trying to say that...

Everybody should start smoking weed because it has zero effects on you whatsoever. I'm not saying that weed is healthy (regarding a few things it actually is), nor that it's harmless. I'm not trying to say something like "hey, look at me, it doesn't affect me at all!".

In fact, if you don't feel the need to smoke, good for you! Because smoking (regardless of the weed) sure isn't healthy. Then the effects of weed... even if i believe that they are harmless for most people, i'm sure our brains would still be better off without them.
But then again, you could also say that somebody who doesn't do sports, doesn't ride a bike, doesn't have sex, doesn't eat food with fat in it, etc... You could say this person has a very healthy life, with not much risk of getting hurt, getting sick, getting unhealthy. But you could also say that they will eventually live a kind of "bland" life. And i don't mean to say that life is bland without drugs... I'm just saying that not everything you can enjoy in life is healthy. I like to drink coke sometimes for example... Is it healthy? No! Is it going to kill me? Probably not. Can i justify to drink it sometimes, even if not healthy? Yes, i can, because it tastes good.
Maybe you get the point...

Ohh and by the way: I rarely drink alcohol (maybe two times a year), and i never ever did any other drugs than weed and cigarettes in my life, and i clearly stay away from ever changing that. Because those drugs (mushrooms, LSD, pills, coke, heroin, blabla) will seriously ruin you.

I didn't want to come accross as somebody Becky would label as a "wannabe junkie". I simply wanted to object to your earlier statement... about weed making people (brain)dead (since you said "you can still function" isn't my idea of being alive"). It was a bold statement in my opinion, and i still think it is.

We're talking about weed here. Not heroin.
Quote from gezmoor :The fact that you, your boss and collegues can't tell the difference is actually irrelevant.

That is precisely what IS relevant, but since your argument uses some basic chemistry to prove social 'facts' I don't think its even worth discussing until you can untangle that mess of pseudo-logic.
#43 - 5haz
Quote from DTrott :I personally think that the whole 4/20 thing is stupid.

Quote :I personally smoke it fairly often, but I don't want any one to know, I don't go on about it. Only my closest friends really know.

#44 - STF
I recommend watching Mr. Nice by Howard Marks (2003) for some laughs.. and food for thought, regarding this amazing plant.
He was completely stoned on that stage, and hilarious once he got it going.
#45 - STF
Sorry for double posting, i stumbled on the following document, and since here* we have various people, with various levels of intelligence, some of which are interested enough in the subject, whether they are pro/against usage..
I know it`s a sensitive matter for some, but it is so maybe because you just heard the "it`s wrong" "it`s bad for your health" "using it will lead to more powerful drugs addiction" and other stereotypes.

Thought you might want to read this, from a scientifical point of view. Hope you have the necesary patience, and see you at a later date, more informed.
(*Not patronising, not personal. I considered myself un-informed, until i got this, Now i`m working through it and my mind is just blown away.)

Link (zipped pdf)

Password, for easy copy paste:
23e4fg5v678j9kk0l-653t4k56j45tre8fik

*the forum as a whole, since this is going to be on the front page
PS: woohoo, my first double post.

4/20???
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG