The online racing simulator
Road-sport Summer Cup.
(56 posts, started )

Poll : Oval, Yes or No

No
Yes
What if you do the superpole on the same day of the race and send one car out then wait for x amount of time depending on the track, then send a another car out and so on so on, and when the car finishes there hotlap then spectate?
That would be the plan, but anyone who has done this system, I have, will know how long winded it can be with a full field of drivers.

I thought doing it on a different day would break it up a bit.

Dan,
I'd love to join this league.
I would be interested Dan If there's still spaces

SD.
I am very happy about the response, I tried all 3 cars at Blackwood last night, and the new physics make them quite a joy to drive now, the good thing about these cars is, that although they are reasonably matched, they are very, very different, and better at some points and courses than others, hopefully there will be a nice mix of cars.

Ok, I am hoping there will be a site and forum up for this league soon, then sign-up can get underway, there will be room for at least 20 drivers, maybe 23 depending on other factors.

I see from the poll that the majority vote is saying no Oval, shame as I thought that by doing the oval it was something a bit different, but no matter, Kyoto National is a great track.

Cheers

Dan,
Any chance of a poll asking whether to include city tracks, or NONE
Quote from P1lot :Any chance of a poll asking whether to include city tracks, or NONE

Hehehe, yeah, there will be a few more polls before the sign-up opens , there is only a single city track, but I know where you are coming from.

I am still unsure if its a good idea to include the LX6, it might be a case that everyone picks that, or it would be pure ownage from it

Dan,
Quote from danowat :
I am still unsure if its a good idea to include the LX6, it might be a case that everyone picks that, or it would be pure ownage from it

i'll pick the RAC cos it looks cool
I like to join this. - voted no to oval.

-I drive the RAC
#35 - bozo
If you want to avoid all drivers from picking the same car, you could have a rule whereby a driver can only race each car in a maximum of 2 races.

That would add to the strategy somewhat, deciding when to drive each car vis-a-vis other drivers, and considering the strengths of each car on the given tracks.
hehehe, vis-a-vis, Mr David Brent in the area LOL.

Yeah, its an interesting idea, trouble is, it somewhat dilutes the simple format idea I had, which is based on pure racing and not stratagy, i.e. my abandonment of forced pits.

Dan,
#37 - bozo
It was just a thought. You're right though ... keep it simple, and let the racing do the talking ... :rally_dri
Why not just have each race as a single car race, say 2 races in each car. That way each race is dead fair, and everyone has to have a go at each car and the winner is the one who masters all of them the best.
Nice idea Col, like it.

Dan,
#40 - Vain
I wouldn't like that, because that way there is no car-struggle at all (all drivers drive the same car in a race).
The best way to even out the strenghts of the cars is to look at the hotlap-chart and see what car is superior on what track, where they are even, etc. Then choose the tracks for the season based on that information.

Vain
True Vain, but if there is one car thats supperior it could be forced to drive with ballast, one person.

Q:
Is it allowed to use TC on the FZ50? (I vote no)
Yeah, its a hard balance between having a deliberate close race by restricting the car choice, and the difference between certain cars and certain tracks.

As for TC?, hmm...how easy would it be to enforce if it were no?.

Dan,
Nice going Dan, and all the best for this league. Superpole is awesome fun, and doesn't take that long. As somebody is half way around the track on his out lap, let another go, and so on and so forth.

We do this in our TRIC and it really does put the pressure on
Cheers Shaun, don't fancy it then?

Dan,
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :Dead easy to disqualify anyone you see using it in the replays. It's obvious when it's switched on.

Yep, and I think everyone would be fair enough to obey the rules.
-
(sweetreid) DELETED by sweetreid : oops
Wish I could add more polls to this topic...........

Ok guys, couple of Q's

LX6, yes or no, I personally am not happy to include it, it doesnt fit into my idea of a "road" league, that and the fact I think its alot faster than the FZ50 and RA.

Winners ballast (passenger), yes or no, it may or may not make things more interesting/even

Qualifying, same day as event or before event.

Dan,
don't know about the LX6, if it is much faster then don't include it.

Don't mind about the ballast for winners. It isn't in other league iirc so it can be a nice extra adition for this one.

I vote for qualy on the same day as the race. Cos some people (incl me) don't have much days to race on with work, school hobbies etc
Quote : LX6, yes or no,

No
Quote : Winners ballast (passenger), yes or no, it may or may not make things more interesting/even

Yes
Quote : Qualifying, same day as event or before event.

Same Day as Event.
The LX does seem to be a bit faster than the others post-patch, probably best to leave it out.

Ballast would be good I reckon.

Qually before the event. As already mentioned, some ppl only have a few night spare a week.
imo leave the lx out, I agree that it wouldn't fit well with the fz and ra, plus it seems to be alot faster.

Dunno about the ballast, but maybe it will give too much of a dissadvantage?

I think qualifying should be on the same day.

Road-sport Summer Cup.
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG