The online racing simulator
Gran Turismo 5 anyone?
(151 posts, started )
funny cos I am now playing GT2 on am emulator.

much doubt for it coming to PC though, the sheer amount of work needed to convert a PS3 game to PC doesn't seem to make it worthy? As so far we have never seen one good port.
Nothing about damage? I'm shocked. So unexpected.
Quote from sil3ntwar :Sony publishes the GT games so PS3 exclusive means more idiots will buy their heater.

at least its a freaking nice one
A heater? you must be mistaking it for the Fan...............h i mean Xbox.
Quote from deggis :Nothing about damage? I'm shocked. So unexpected.

They've been talking about a proper damage model in the final version, and it was supposed to be patched into Prologue months ago but never happened. Obviously Polyphony are in no rush to release new content.

Quote from G!NhO :A heater? you must be mistaking it for the Fan...............h i mean Xbox.

You mean the George Foreman grill, surely
Atleast my heater doesn't break down, which means I don't have to spend another 60 quid getting it repaired. And it doesn't need a fan that makes my console sound like a microwave either!
the only possible way for it to be available on PC, is that it would be released atleast a year later, and with much less content.

Which is still highly doubtful, and seems more like a typo/misinterpretation creating epic hype.
Quote from Gills4life :Atleast my heater doesn't break down, which means I don't have to spend another 60 quid getting it repaired. And it doesn't need a fan that makes my console sound like a microwave either!

im gonna stick to pc, dedicated to games as the ps3 ... blu ray... *sigh*

xbox: RLOD + userbase is 90+ % 13 year old high pitch crying lamers...

Wii: waste of money...

either a pc or n64 tbh
yup, wether you like it or not ps3's ARE more reliable than thew xbox's.

Quote from Gills4life :Atleast my heater doesn't break down, which means I don't have to spend another 60 quid getting it repaired. And it doesn't need a fan that makes my console sound like a microwave either!

xbox really makes a hell of a lot of noise... :X
Well considering my PC is more powerful than my PS3 is, I tend to use my PC a lot more too! Still, if I just want a quick game with a mate then I got my PS3 in the corner hooked up to the TV which I know will not suddenly break.
Quote :There are gonna be at least 600 cars

600 cars with 60 000 polygons in total, right.
Quote from sil3ntwar :Sony publishes the GT games so PS3 exclusive means more idiots will buy their heater...i mean console.

Heh, that's funny. As in, my PS3 spent 3 days solid turned on, 4 foot away from a fairly sizeable fire, when I was "house-minding" (I love that term :razz. Didn't overheat at all, completed GTA IV twice over in two marathon sessions

As for the Xbox...I had an elite before (won it in an MS competition, sold it after realising how terrible it was), it spent a grand total of an hour and a half turned on playing TDU on a timber floor, standing up, and was too hot to hold at the rear when I turned it off. Might have been a defective one or whatever, but it still overheated after an hour and a half
Haven't had any problems with my 360..... yet, but when I do I'll just get rid of it.... played it 9 hours straight 2 days in a row....

On topic: GT is just way too repetitive for my liking, I got bored of playing GT4 after completing the same race 30 times to get the necessary points to get to the next league.... Forza 2 ftw!
Been playing some GT4 again lately, still a great game.
Gt5 has a different feeling, iirc.
If it's getting a PC version, maybe it'll feel a bit more "sim-ish" then? Arcade racing games on the PC just aren't as good as on a console, I think
The day Gran Turismo is released on the PC is the day Sony decides to stop producing a console.
You never know, maybe they have actually decided to be smart about it and have come to the conclusion that a lot of people will buy GT5 purely because of its reputation. More people would buy GT5 than the amount that would buy a PS3, so maybe they see it as an opportunity that they may choose to take after releasing it for the PS3.
Why all threads about any console games turns out into Xbot 369 vs. Praystation 3 crap?
Every console needs its exclusive titles, and Gran Turismo is one of the best selling franchises ever (I think it's in the top 10, and most of that is Pokemon rubbish in the first place) Sony has already lost the GTA series and Final Fantasy as Playstation exclusives, and those losses hurt them like hell.

If they lose exclusivity to the Gran Turismo franchise, they lose yet another reason to buy a Playstation console for its games, and are forced even more into the "it's also a BlueRay player" marketing style.
It will definitely be the first title I buy after I get a PS3. Still waiting on the price to come down on the top version, as well as titles like GT5 to come out/the coding to be more pinned down. (GT was the sole reason I bought my PS2 at the time) I'm waiting for 40-50" 1080p plasma's to come down in price too, hehe. (reallly wanted to hit the Circuit City closeout on that one, but bought another car instead, lol) Like I think I said in a previous post.. the GT series definitely isn't "simulation", but it's the closest you'll come on a console, and definitely a blast IMO, especially for simple 2-player stuff with a friend, (who doesn't have a computer/setup that'll allow him to play PC stuff, and online). Been playin some GT4 again myself, working on beating it & doing some head to head stuff with said buddy. Something we've enjoyed from the beginning is building two different cars with very similiar, but realistic, specs, testing them for equality, then pitting them in like a 30-lap race, with tire wear. Being a 2-Miata owner, in real life, I'm all about the 2 hour Miata enduro as well. (running a lower powered edition with sport tires, so there's actually a little competition)

GRR-can't edit my sig to include both Miata's because it apprently already breaks sig-rules.
Quote from Jertje :Every console needs its exclusive titles, and Gran Turismo is one of the best selling franchises ever (I think it's in the top 10, and most of that is Pokemon rubbish in the first place) Sony has already lost the GTA series and Final Fantasy as Playstation exclusives, and those losses hurt them like hell.

If they lose exclusivity to the Gran Turismo franchise, they lose yet another reason to buy a Playstation console for its games, and are forced even more into the "it's also a BlueRay player" marketing style.

What, is there a reason to buy a crapstation? I really don't wanna buy a console just for a game like GT5. I prefer the realistic games.
It's getting pretty old to bash consoles.

Most of them work great, games look great and the games are fun.

If it weren't for "small" developers to make games like LFS, there wouldn't be any affordable simulations for PC either.

I have a playstation 3, because I don't want to bitch aroud with hardware, spending money on games of which I don't know up front if they'll actually work like they should and don't want to upgrade every other month, once in 4 years is enough for me.

Gran Turismo 5 anyone?
(151 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG