The online racing simulator
Btcc 2009
(318 posts, started )
Northern South
Quote from danowat :Bloody hell

Could this spell imminent death for the BTCC?

As we know it, perhaps.
It has always been a place for manufacturers to showcase, in a way, their "road cars" in a competitive racing environment. Now that's over, and I think it's even less likely that manufacturers will choose to spend money by joining BTCC if no other manufacturers are present already. Independant teams are not all going to have the money to run new models, and it will just become a series where old WTCC and BTCC cars come to be destroyed by poor and unknown drivers.

I think it will require a relaunch of the series with greatly reduced costs for manufacturers so they can try to get more good drivers there. For me the standard or at least notoriety of driver defines the series' quality, not so much the car. I'd happily watch a series with slower more road-car based cars if the drivers are really good and well known, but for that you need manufacturer involvement and money.
no it hasnt always been a place for manufacturers to show case their models. Its always been very much more independants than manufacturer backed entries. The only years that are an exception to that one are the super touring years.
Mat Jackson returns!!!! Yes Mat Jackson is driving for RML in a Chevrolet Lacetti alongside JP. This year is shaping up to be very very close and one of the classics.
Quote from trebor901 :Mat Jackson returns!!!! Yes Mat Jackson is driving for RML in a Chevrolet Lacetti alongside JP. This year is shaping up to be very very close and one of the classics.

Source

Hell yes! RML are now my favourite team since they contain both of my favourite drivers
As I read it only Jackson is confirmed at the moment so he might not have a teammate this weekend.
Quote from trebor901 :Mat Jackson returns!!!! Yes Mat Jackson is driving for RML in a Chevrolet Lacetti alongside JP. This year is shaping up to be very very close and one of the classics.

Brilliant news, two great drivers there. Took me a while to work out who was missing from Brands but when I realised it was him I was slightly dissapointed as he was going places.

Anyone know what's happened to Tom O-C?
Quote from WhizzkidOne :As I read it only Jackson is confirmed at the moment so he might not have a teammate this weekend.

Ray Mallock said something in his interview that it will be a super strong "pairing" so i wouldnt count Plato out at all.
Quote from Minimaxman :Brilliant news, two great drivers there. Took me a while to work out who was missing from Brands but when I realised it was him I was slightly dissapointed as he was going places.

Anyone know what's happened to Tom O-C?

No budget he said on the grid interview in brands, he said he may sit this year out.

Great news, will be an interesting team. Wonder how Matt is with FWD? He probably doesn't care as long as it has wheels
Well he was just as good as Johnathan Adam in the SEAT Cupra Cup when he raced in that so i dont see him having any problems
Jason Plato is back driving for RML run Racing Silverline
Quote from trebor901 :Jason Plato is back driving for RML run Racing Silverline

Yeah I saw that, thats definetly gonna be interesting... Gio,Plato,Adam (if he shows more pace in future rounds) Turkington, Neal and Thompson.
Giovanardi for the win this weekend.

Vauxhall's are very strong at Thruxton,

Hopefully Plato can get in the top 5.

And maybe the focus to get in the top 10..
#90 - MR_B
Quote from 5haz :Plus one!

They were a bit expensive though.

+2

Could have saved it with budget caps like another top-tier racing series.

I agree with Vain too that the current crop of drivers are very disrespectful in their on-track conduct.
Quote from Jordan2007 :Giovanardi for the win this weekend.

Vauxhall's are very strong at Thruxton,

Hopefully Plato can get in the top 5.

And maybe the focus to get in the top 10..

If any of the Vauxhalls win there this weekend my money is on Matt Neal or Andrew Jordan
I'm going on sat/sun. Anyone else going? And where will you be roughly if you are? (In case someone actually wants to meet me )

Rain forecast for sunday. Oh no, please don't be like last year! *Shudders* Thank god for those large plastic cattle feed bags that were in the car for some reason, we didn't get as wet as we should have! I might take a few this year, should be able to make a tidy profit from selling 'em. Actually, the forecast has been updated to possible light rain, so it looks like it might be okay. Though I wouldn't mind heavy rain for the Porsches, I'd rather be saturated than sit through seriously boring dry race like usual.

Can't wait! Croft is a good track, mabye not as good as some, but I've been there for the BTCC for the past 5/6 years, had the luck to drive round it in a race-spec mini thing and I love the place!
Team RAC reigned supreme in the first two races, they both looked pretty untouchable. Gio did his usual brilliant drive by working his way up the field. The rain in race 3 really shook things up, felt sorry for O'Neill having to pull off as thought he stood a decent chance of winning. When Gio and Thomo went side-to-side for a couple of corners until Gio got past, that was brilliant, really shows why those two are champs.
yeah and Plato showing exactly why he isnt a 2 time champion in race 3 and deservedly got punished for his stupid moves.
Quote from trebor901 :yeah and Plato showing exactly why he isnt a 2 time champion in race 3 and deservedly got punished for his stupid moves.

In his defence, Neal has done it more than enough times too.
Quote from trebor901 :yeah and Plato showing exactly why he isnt a 2 time champion in race 3 and deservedly got punished for his stupid moves.

My thoughts exactly - one lap you have two champions providing some incredibly close, clean, competitive racing - the next lap you have Plato clearly pushing the back end of a rival fwd car around, both into and out of a corner.

Apparently he hit a puddle in the corner, and he "had to hit the power to get out of it and there was a bit more contact."

I can how that could work. If you get stopped for speeding on a waterlogged motorway in heavy traffic and spray, just tell the traffic cop, "yeah it was just aquaplaning through all those puddles so I had to hit the power to get out of it".
I went along and was enjoying the racing under blazing hot sunshine. Then the heavens opened and stayed open, I got drenched.
The daft thing is that when I got home 10 miles North of there, it hadn't rained a drop! Fickle British weather
Johnny Herbert is taking James Thompson's place in the Team Dynamics Civic for the last three rounds of the BTCC. Will be interesting to see how competitive he is, at least we know his car is capable of winning, and he's won Le Mans before so has had experience in a more "normal" type of car than his F1 car, so he could well be up at the front, we'll have to wait and see!

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=1603
Quote from Minimaxman :Johnny Herbert is taking James Thompson's place in the Team Dynamics Civic for the last three rounds of the BTCC. Will be interesting to see how competitive he is, at least we know his car is capable of winning, and he's won Le Mans before so has had experience in a more "normal" type of car than his F1 car, so he could well be up at the front, we'll have to wait and see!

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=1603

Sounds good, Herbert is definately a likeable guy. He was really good in Sauber in 1997, and his win with Benetton was fantastic it's a shame that the Stewart plagued him with bad results
Well with 5+ people sitting out Knockhill the end of this season could be very low on numbers.

Btcc 2009
(318 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG