The online racing simulator
#1 - Mazar
oneGP 2009 - Round 1 - AS Historic - Briefing
Reminders - Please read the full event rules here.

Driver Names

10.1: oneGP requires all driver names, while racing in an oneGP event, to be in the following format:

- Car Number
- DRIVERS FIRST INITIAL. REAL SURNAME - written in white only.

an example would be: #1 A. Eriksson

Qualifying

Highlights:

-25 mins qual session
-No Chat!
-Pitting from anywhere other than a pit box ends your session
-Shift S from a crash ends you session
-You must Outlap / Qualy / Inlap & from pitbox you may Shift P and rejoin
-Crashed / Stranded cars will be Specced
-Crashed severely damaged cars may not be driven on track

Full Rules:

3) Qualifying

3.1: Drivers have to be on the game and voice server 20 minutes before qualifying starts.

3.2: Drivers briefing will start 15 minutes before qualifying starts. Attendance is mandatory.

3.3: Five minute warning. Signals 5 minutes to the start of qualifying.

3.4: Thirty-seconds warning. Server taken to pre-qual screen. No messages from drivers after this point.

3.5: Qualifying starts. From this point, pitting from anywhere but a pit box or going to spectate ends the drivers qualifying session.5

3.6: If a car is unable under its own power get back to the pit lane or a car that can not get out of a gravel trap in a reasonable time, that time being 30 seconds, will be sent to spectate and thus ending the drivers qualifying session.

3.7: Impeding a driver on his qualifying lap is strictly forbidden. A driver should be extra careful on his in lap, as blue flags will not be shown.

3.8: A driver impeding another driver while driving a severely damaged car will be disqualified.

3.9: A driver must post a lap within 104% of the fastest lap to be eligible for the race.

3.10: If a driver because of an accident is unable to post a lap time. The driver might still be eligible for the race solely on the discretion of the race director.

3.11: A driver is not allowed to go out on track if there is not enough time left in the session to make a qualifying lap.

3.12: At the end of the session, drivers have to drive back to the pits in a timely manner after their final qualifying lap.

3.13: After all cars are back into the pits and at the race director’s discretion, messages from drivers will be allowed.

RACE:

Highlights:

-No Chat, No Binds!
-Yellow pitlane line is official marker
-Do not cross the yellow line
-32 Laps PLUS inlap
-Read the rules!
-No restarts so be very careful in first opening laps

4) Start procedure
4.1: Five minute warning. Server taken to the pre-race screen. Grid line up instructions announced. Final briefing.
4.2: Two minute warning. Last chance to get lined up in the right position.
4.3: One minute warning. Grid final. Cars that failed to get to their positions will start at the back of the grid. Disconnected cars reconnecting after this point will have to start from the pit lane.
4.4: Thirty second warning. Last chance to go green. No messages from drivers after this point.
4.5: Start. Race starting. Cars that have not gone green at this point will have to start from the pit lane.
4.6: Green flag. Disconnected cars reconnecting after this point are disqualified. From this point, cars starting from the pit lane have 30 seconds to join the race.

5) Safety Car Procedures

5.1: During the first three laps of the race, the safety car may be deployed if the track becomes blocked.

5.2: Deployment of the safety car will be announced with the message "SAFETY CAR, SAFETY CAR, FULL COURSE YELLOW".

5.3: Cars are to line up after the safety car at a maximum interval of ten car lengths between each other. Overtaking is forbidden except in the following circumstances.

- Cars that are between the safety car and the lead car that are directed to overtake the safety car by the race director.
- A car that has passed the pit entrance line but not yet crossed the pit exit line.
- Passing a car with an obvious problem.

5.4: Excessive weaving, accelerating and braking to warm the tyres is forbidden.

5.5: It is forbidden to merge into the safety car queue when leaving the pits. Cars leaving the pits while the safety car queue is passing by have to join the back of the queue.

5.6: The message “SAFETY CAR IN THIS LAP” will be sent on the lap that the safety car is preparing to enter the pits. On that lap, the lead car will take over the control of the pace as it enters the last sector. After the lead car has taken over the pace, it is only allowed to change its pace one time.

5.7: Overtaking before the start finish line is forbidden with the exceptions outlined in 5.3.

6) Pitstops/Pitlane

6.1: Pit stops are to be completed in the proper manner. Exploiting game limitations by entering pits from exit etc is strictly forbidden. This will include any situation that involves use of the pit lane, such as drive-through penalties or stop-go penalties.

6.2: Where layout objects have been placed on a tracks pit lane entry or exit, these will be deem the official points of entry or exit to the pits. These take priority over any default marked yellow lines.

Where no objects have been placed, then the yellow line remains the control line and crossing the pit lane exit line may result in a drive through penalty for any driver.

6.3: A driver may only cut one pit box on entry to his pit box and one when exiting.

6.4: Drivers coming out of their pit box have to yield to cars in the fast lane.

6.5: Reversing in the pit lane is not allowed.

7) Lapped cars

7.1: A driver being lapped should take utmost care to not impede the lapping driver. This includes erratic driving, slowing down or changing lines.

7.2: A driver that has been lapped does not have a right to an immediate repass.

7.3: A driver has no right to defend against a driver trying to unlap himself. In all other regards, normal racing rules apply.

Post race

8.1: After crossing the finish line, the drivers have to, in an ordered fashion, make their way back to the pit lane or designated area. Crashing the car after crossing the finish line is strictly forbidden.

8.2: The top-3 finishers have to stop at the designated area for podium finishers. (not in place for round1)

8.3: Five minutes after the race has been completed, the podium finishers have to be available 15 minutes for a live press conference.

9) Classification.

9.1: The cars will be classified automatically.

9.2: Cars that have completed less than 90% of the race distance will excluded from the classifications.

9) Post Race Appeals

9.1: In the event that any team feels an issue has been missed during a race, (regarding an accident - behaviour of drivers etc) a post race appeal process will be used. This appeal requires the team mangers to provide the following information to oneGP Group within 24hrs after the race, by either email or by making a post in the team owners forums:

onegpws@gmail.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

REQUIRED INFORMATION FOR APPEAL

- LFS USERNAME FOR ANY DRIVER/S INVOLVED:

- LAP THAT THE INCIDENT OCCURRED ON:

- DESCRIPTION OF INCIDENT:

This will then be reviewed by the oneGP Group, the race director, team owners representative and review group. A decision will be made within, where possible, another 24hrs as to the outcome of the appeal.

9.2: The review process and penalties for post race appeals will be as follows.

Following a post race appeal submission from a team manager, oneGP will review the replay from as many views as possible until it believes it can make an appropriate decision regarding the incident. A post will then be made regarding the outcome as wells as basic reasons for the outcome. This post will be made in the oneGP team owner’s forums.

Penalties for any incident will be classified by the following possible outcomes

- RACING INCIDENT - Equal drivers blame - no penalty

- RACING INCIDENT - with warning

- AVOIDABLE MINOR INCIDENT - Drive through penalty (post race 30secs)

- AVOIDABLE MAJOR INCIDENT - Possible points deduction or exclusion for a set number of rounds
at discretion of race admin.

9.3: When a post race appeal has been submitted to oneGP after a race, all parties mentioned in the appeal will be notified via email, and given 24hrs to provide a response as to their view on what occurred during the incident. This will then be taken into consideration when the review board decides upon the outcome.

Have a good race all!

Best, Maz
No hardcore mode? Thats interesting...
EDIT: Fail There is Hardcore qually mode
Will we be assigned a pitbox for the race, and if we plough into a wall and completely damage our suspension in the race, do we stay where we ended up after the crash, or Shift S and watch the rest of the race?

And will there be a live stream/commentary/video made

Good luck to all participants Lets hope for a big opening and a great race
I just wanted to apoligize about my driving and in race chat during midway of today's race. My brother came in and decided he wanted to use the computer. We can see who won that arguement. Sorry to the leaders for being in the way.
Epic suffer, nothing to say...:sadbanana
Quote from thatguy :I just wanted to apoligize about my driving and in race chat during midway of today's race. My brother came in and decided he wanted to use the computer. We can see who won that arguement. Sorry to the leaders for being in the way.

Happened to me too, luckily i have now own computer
My race report from SR forums:

Quote :

Qual 13th (!!) Race 1st

This report really starts this morning after watching the Chinese GP. I did a few laps and found a line and speed through Eau Rouge where I picked up virtually no damage at all but only lost around 0.4s. I decided to do a one stopper and then play it by ear - either I tippy toe through Eau Rouge and not fix damage at the pitstop, or I can push harder and run the damage up as far as I could in the first half of the race.

Qually was a disaster as I didn't have any experience in qualifying. I don't do Q sets because you don't need them in OWRL. Anyway, 13th, so I was fully prepared to be punted off at T1 as there was no way I could get to the inside. Shut my eyes and came out of T1 in 12th and slowly built the race pace. Damage was negligible but I was able to maintain pace with all but 2 or 3 guys at the front and they had to be 2 stopping. Around lap 10 I was 6th and the top 4 all made early first stops. Around my pitstop I knew I wouldn't need to fix damage but I did debate about changing tyres. I was looking good for the podium but decided to take a chance with the tyres to try to win.

Running 3rd towards the end of the race the top two pitted on Lap 25. I came out right behind SK's M.Krause. I figured he would pull away and win but I kept with him and made a pass on the following lap after he made a mistake at the last turn. Then the fun began. I had saved up so much damage "credit" (all dampers less than half) that I could start pushing through Eau Rouge and I just made sure I defended where I has to and got out of all the crucial corners fastest. A couple of close shaves in the last couple of laps but I hung on for the win.

It was a real bun fight at the end and if I had realised at the time it was a SK driver I would've frightened myself off the road
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG