The online racing simulator
[insim] Forcing restart in any situation
Hi, this is not a request but a question to those of you who have experience with insim.

I'd like my insim to force race or qualifying restarts in whatever situation the server is in. From my experience, if the server is in the grid screen (where you select the track and players have to click "ready" or "ok" or "go, I don't know the English word used) you can't force a restart until everyone clicks OK and the server goes into "track mode".

I just wanted to ask if any of you know of a way to force a race/qualifying restart in any situation, given that the server is not empty.

I'm using my own C insim library and I have a certain knowledge about insim, but I've always found myself stuck when trying to do this, so I thought I'd better ask if anyone knows a solution.
i thought going back to the lobby screen effectively restarted the race/quali...
I think you didn't get what I was trying to explain. What I want is to start the race.

Let's put an example: I have a server with a bunch of people in it. The insim is waiting for a time when the race/qualy has to start. When that time comes the insim can send an admin command "/restart" that would make the session restart without voting. But there is a chance that the server is in the lobby screen and in that case if you send that "/restart" command you won't get the desired result because it doesn't have effect in that screen. Everybody must click on OK so the server goes to the track and then you can use "/restart".

What I want is a way to make sure that the race starts at the exact time that I want even if at the time the server is in the lobby screen. Maybe it's just not possible
As far as I know, there is no way to force a start on a server.

That is completely user controlled

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG