The online racing simulator
Quote from SR BaCkFiRe :It only did 40 because the fuse blew. It might be the only thing crappy about the car. And it doesn't take 16 hours to charge (maybe with the mobile one), it takes 3.5 hours from 0-100%.

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2 ... /10/tesla_wins_at_monaco/
Went 241 miles in Monaco.

As said, you get what you drive.

Quote :Of course, it should be pointed out that the Tesla was driven by a company staffer doubtless practised in eking out every last mile from a charge, and that the speeds averaged on the run were hardly blistering – 90kph (56mph) on the motorways, 60kph (37mph) on trunk roads and 30kph (19) in the mountain roads. Tesla reckon the average speed for the entire journey was 45kph (28mph).

You try stop start or attacking your favourite canyon road and you'll find it greatly reduced.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :As said, you get what you drive.

You try stop start or attacking your favourite canyon road and you'll find it greatly reduced.

You can say that for any car I guess on the uphill. But really, you'll waste a lot of gas too if you kept flooring a V8. If you drive it normally, you'll get sufficient mileage out of the car (more than anyone will drive on a daily basis).
I don't consider the tesla roadster a supercar (even though they kinda advertise it that way, that's just how advertising works), I consider it as a car that would help consumers believe that there is technology out there that allows you to go fast and have fun with an electric car, without sacrificing too much distance and it doesn't have to be a crappy car like the G-wizz or the chevy volt.
-
(Velociround) DELETED by Velociround
Fossil fuel combustion of course includes factories. I'd LOVE to see a breakdown of exactly where the fossil fuel emissions come from.

I don't have a chart but, according to this website, 66% of fossil fuel emissions comes from factories, power stations, and 'home heating systems'. And like 22% was on cars, vans and lorries, and like the remaining 14% was from "heavy transport" so I'm guessing ships and planes.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Fossil fuel combustion of course includes factories. I'd LOVE to see a breakdown of exactly where the fossil fuel emissions come from.

I don't have a chart but, according to this website, 66% of fossil fuel emissions comes from factories, power stations, and 'home heating systems'. And like 22% was on cars, vans and lorries, and like the remaining 14% was from "heavy transport" so I'm guessing ships and planes.

Yea ~70 percent is from fossil fuel consumption and around 30-50 percent for transportation and it depends where you live. If you live in California, that is the main source of smog, and if you live in China, factories are the main cause of smog. So the global average is a little bit misleading, but mostly accurate.

I too would also love to see a breakdown but it's probably near impossible. For all we know, carbon might not be the real cause of global warming, or if it even really exists. But the limited abundance of oil is real, and that has to be an issue that needs to be addressed.
You do realise that Global Warming, as we have been told in the media, on the news, etc, is probably the biggest Scam ever? Not realising that the earth has hot and cold periods, and the history shows us that we are in a time where it's supposed to be getting hotter? Not saying that Global Warming itself doesn't exist, because it most likely does. Just not on the scale they're telling us about.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :You do realise that Global Warming, as we have been told in the media, on the news, etc, is probably the biggest Scam ever? Not realising that the earth has hot and cold periods, and the history shows us that we are in a time where it's supposed to be getting hotter? Not saying that Global Warming itself doesn't exist, because it most likely does. Just not on the scale they're telling us about.

Yes, that's why I said that we don't know if it really exists.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG