The online racing simulator
PC+XBox360 Wheel?
(5 posts, started )
PC+XBox360 Wheel?
Hi, my PS2 pad simply doesn't cut it for LFS- there's constant drift as it doesnt centre properly and I can't change the deadzones on WinXP.

As a result, I'm looking at a wheel. Given their cost I'd prefer one that works with my XBox360 too (in anticipation of Forza 3) but I'm struggling to find one. The only one I have seen is the Microsoft wireless one but:

1. I'd have to buy a wireless receiver for the PC
2. The rumble function won't work on the PC.

Anyone know of one?

Failing that, the Logitech Driving Force GT has full functionality for PCs right (i.e. rumble works)? And is £60 a good price for a new one?

Cheers for any help.
the Logitech Driving Force GT would be your best bet
-
(MijnWraak) DELETED by MijnWraak
#3 - G!NhO
DFGT isnt for Xbox i think, your best choise is one of the Fanatec wheels which work on Xbox and PC.

The fanatec 911 Turbo S, it may cost a little much but i am not sure.
http://www.fanatec.de/
yeah, the 911 turbo s is the best one i can think of off the top of my head.
I suppose the OP is on an extreme budget though.

Don´t spend the money on the MS FFB wheel. You will have worned it out before Forza 3 is released. I want to remember the DriveFX working with PC if you really are on a super tight budget. May not be better then a new MS FFB wheel for Xbox 360 but will last longer I suspect and even if it may not be faster then gamepad for console racers it´s more fun still

Otherwise as mentioned if you can afford it 911 turbo S wheel though it´s quite a jump in budget of course. Just check with someone that have Race Pro, Forza 2 and such for example to see how good it actually works.
There is a patch for Race PRO this week which is supposed to solve some wheel issues.

Hopefully someone will fill the gap like the Carrera, DFP GT does for PS 3.

Otherwise why don´t you use the Xbox 360 gamepad for PC. It´s the best gamepad there is no matter what format for racing. You just need a wireless receiver

PC+XBox360 Wheel?
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG