The online racing simulator
Safety Car Test Session
Hi,

due the crash in the pace car lap, we want to invite all drivers for a small training behind the SC.
For the following people, the test will be mandatory! If these drivers will not show up to the training, the team will start from pits with 1 lap penalty!

S.Leemet OK
B.Plewa OK
A.Stokic OK
P.Heinonen DT
R.Mroz OK
T.Harberg DT
S.Alfons DT
S.Abernethy OK

All other drivers are welcome to have a realistic test!

The training will start on friday the 8th May at 17:00 UTC and will be at least 1 hour long!

edit:
due some are too lazy to read:

- friday, 8th may at 16:00 UTC the server will open
- on 17:00 UTC we will randomize the grid for a pace car start. additionally we will make a small drivers briefing about rolling start.
- the safety car will make one lap and after green flag is shown, the drivers will make one hotlap. after the hotlap, the SC will catch the full field after turn 1 again. this all will be done in a loop until about 18:15 UTC

the serverpassword will be: slowmotion
I would come as i've never done a Pace Lap in m Career in LFS but I'll be in mexico on vacation during that time
#3 - HVS5b
Quote from Trekkerfahrer :Hi,

due the crash in the pace car lap, we want to invite all drivers for a small training behind the SC.
For the following people, the test will be mandatory! If these drivers will not show up to the training, the team will start from pits with 1 lap penalty!

S.Leemet
B.Plewa
A.Stokic
P.Heinonen
R.Mroz
T.Harberg
S.Alfons
S.Abernethy

All other drivers are welcome to have a realistic test!

The training will start on friday the 8th May at 17:00 UTC and will be at least 1 hour long!

A small appeal if I may?

1. We had already been overtaken on the parade lap and were knowingly out of position and a little unsure as to what we should do. Therefore already a little unsettled.

2. S. Alfons then squeezes us and almost tries to overtake thru the chicane where the carnage was. All before the green flag and also a under a waved yellow flag. This left us little room to manouvere

3. We braked into a wall of parked cars and was then hit from behind. You know the rest

Of course we shall always respect the admins decisions, but considering the above I think it's a little harsh including our driver in the mandatory list.

Notwithstanding that, I'll be there for a practice cos it is a good idea

Thanks for reading.
Im in guys despite im not in the mandatory drivers list..
Ghehehehe... This is ridiculous, i get hit from everywhere on SC-lap and the admins ask ME to come for "1 hour training". Well i'm not coming. Other driver didnt appear to race, and havent seen him after that, im hell of worried about him. He made clear before the race when he will come, but... Just think again about that training session.
Any chance to get a replay of the incident? I'm sure it's funny to watch
I really can't imagine how people can crash each other during the warmup lap.
A test drive behind safety car. Well I try to be there. Cant heart anyway so I am up for it. Like the idea
Track? BLr ?
Track would be Westhill Int., same as the Track in next GTAL race.
Quote from Mojo1987 :Track would be Westhill Int., same as the Track in next GTAL race.

Thank you Michael.

CAPO ARG will be present.
I would have liked to be present, but I'm on holiday starting tomorrow...

Anyway, two points that should be clear really but I think are worth reiterating just to remind everyone:
1.) Remember you are one place lower than on qualifying, so there is no need to retake a place - that's the Safety Car! As soon as the SC pulls in, you'll be at your rightful starting position, so stay where you are... Overtaking under the Safety Car is a PUNISHABLE OFFENSE and it will be punished!
2.) What you are experiencing prior to the green flag is completely the same as driving on a motorway with heavy traffic... So act like it, the rules are exactly the same here! Don't stare at the rear bumper of the car directly in front of you, look ahead! What the third car in front of you is doing, you should be doing... You have a track map on your screen and know the non-winged safety car is coming up to a bend, so don't be surprised when it has to brake to make it through... In reality you should have 2 seconds distance between you and the car in front - I know you won't leave that space, so I'm not evenn gonna suggest to do that, only be reminded that if you rear-end someone, it's completely your fault for not being aware enough and not leaving enough space... It will most likely get you a penalty too...

As a sidenote, if you want to fight the "accordeon-effect" (the stretching out and bunching up of the field - drivers with a real driver's licence will know from aforementioned motorways) there is one simple trick: brake as soon as possible, but only as light as you have to...
Quote from HVS5b :
Notwithstanding that, I'll be there for a practice cos it is a good idea

Actually no I wont. Got a wedding to attend so wont make this event or the race. Will speak to my team mates to see what their thoughts are.
We want to see the drivers nominated who were involved, it must be clear why. However, we understand that some may have important duties, we (the admins) will talk about it.
I'd like to attend this, just for a bit of education
Ohh god... Ok, i'll come. I just have to say that in last corner in bl1r someone hit me from behind very hard so i couldn't get back on track that easy because of crowded track....... but ok.... sh*t happens! And i cannot guarantee you that i'll be 100% on server for this training, school..

P.S. just to know, I'm A.Stokic
Our other driver is fine now. But still i'm very upset about this "training session". Just to say, flash-racing had place in IGTC and is one of the most experienced teams in this amateur league. I think this order just strengthens the idea of retiring from the league. I've seen amateurish actions from the organizers and even more from other drivers. From my POV, it doesn't feel ideal for us. Looking incidents from few POV's and making decisions just with them as basis, isn't the cleverest way to deal with.

-sharky
Link doesnt work mate...
not bump.... push..... some dark forces made me to write that!
think we´re there too

greetz: UER-racing
soooo, the safety car test session will be made as following:

- friday, 8th may at 16:00 UTC the server will open
- on 17:00 UTC we will randomize the grid for a pace car start. additionally we will make a small drivers briefing about rolling start.
- the safety car will make one lap and after green flag is shown, the drivers will make one hotlap. after the hotlap, the SC will catch the full field after turn 1 again. this all will be done in a loop until about 18:15 UTC

the serverpassword will be: slowmotion

no points will be given
Hope it's ok if a few SR drivers show up
Sure.

But, why did your team leave the league?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG