The online racing simulator
Low FPS
(36 posts, started )
#1 - Tazer
Low FPS
I was playing yesterday and it was fine but then I went on today and I'm getting like 10 fps. does anyone know why? I'm sure it's not my graphics card or anything like that because I've been playing it on high graphics for awhile and it has always ran at high FPS.

Thanks for the help
Have you changed graphics settings?
#3 - Tazer
I've always kept it on high. I tried lowering it but the FPS doesn't change
#4 - Tazer
Anyone?
Have u changed the nVidia control panel settings? Or enbseries?

If u have changed the nVidia panel - probably the "oversampling" section or AA.

Enbseries causes pretty big fps loss too.
You sure You are not running any programs that might affect FPS?
#7 - Tazer
I never changed anything and I have the same programs that I always have running
#8 - Tazer
So I'm guessing no one knows what happened? One day I'm playing on high settings and the next its going slower then my friend on a camel
#9 - Tazer
Nobody?
do you have file d3d8.dll in your LFS folder?
no
Open task manager and see what is taking up your memory and such... For some reason when i have Firefox open and LFS running my game will go to like 20 fps.. but when i don't have Firefox running i get almost a 100 fps...
I turned off everything that I could even Firefox but the FPS stays the same
Yeah i can play at like 15 fps on 1024 by 796 or something like that but since my screen is widescreen 1440 by 900 it looks retarded
Quote from Tazer :Yeah i can play at like 15 fps on 1024 by 796 or something like that but since my screen is widescreen 1440 by 900 it looks retarded

If you have Intel card (most likely), try using AsTray Plus. It allows custom resolutions, including 800x480 which is widescreen.
It is pretty good tool for netbook-users (on mine MSI Wind U100 LFS runs 20 fps at 1024x600 and around 30 fps on 800x480)
No I have an NVIDIA 8600GT. I just realized it's not just LFS it's most of my games. The only game that doesn't lag is bf2, everything else does. It just happened over night.
I have 8500GT and its really lame but my GF have perfomance about 40% less than you and i still play LFS ~60fps when alone on track and unfortunatelu, 15 AL cars and fps 20 its what i get with all maxed out . Online its better.all maxed out +AAfull +AF16 and still can play usualy at 60~30 fps unless there is bariers thuse things cut my perfomance.
I think that your settings is to fault.
If you could wright all your settings from NVidia panel like AA, AF, Vsync, threading and stuff here i could look into it and maybe ill advice something becouse a used to have problem like this with games but i spend some time reading what settings do what and after spending 15 minutes mesing with settings my games where at last playable
Sry 4 my english, is lam3 but hope you will understand me .
weird... my 6600gt runs great... 1024x768, 32-bit, 60hz, 1x AA, 1xAF...

capped at 30fps, it never goes lower than 25fps, but that's pretty rare.

edit: you said you tried the latest driver... how about an older one? newer doesn't always mean better.
Quote from Tmen26 :Yeah I tried an older one but it's the same thing and I don't think my settings are at fault because every game on my computer have always stayed at max settings.They it worked just fine but last Wednesday morning when I woke up and went on it was all slow but LFS was running at 100fps ever since i bought it.

And once again I posted on my old account. Man I'm dumb
Do a system restore to a few days ago to before when the problem appeared....

I caught a virus from some Pikey ads on a site a few days ago and made my pc feel like a pentium 200mhz even in windows..

A system restore fixed it straight away...
Might be your graphics card reaching its last days
Quote from DevilDare :Might be your graphics card reaching its last days

that could be possible... does it have a fan? if not, i'd buy one that has a fan... i never liked those fanless models.
I also got a problem. Whenever I crash into a wall or cars in the picture touch each other my framerate is very low for a second. That´s really strange because i can run LFS at max graphic settings with lots of high-res textures and I still get a stable framerate of 60 fps. Anyone knows how to fix that? I´m can´t racing online anymore because of this.
Go to "options", then to "misc" and make sure that "Limit in-game frame rate" is set to no. You might also want to turn "Full screen vertical sync" off as well.

Low FPS
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG