The online racing simulator
OCZ 2x2GB DDR2 PC2-6400 Memory
(6 posts, started )
#1 - dadge
it's my day off so i decided to shop aout for some upgrades (as you do) i found this: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/146049 i don't need any more memory (currently have 8gb of this exact ram).
4gb of ram for under £30, you'd have to be crazy to miss a deal like this.
#2 - Jakg
Erm, the RAM your looking at is £33.99 + P&P.

If you wanted 4GB of DDR2 - Why not get this? Same price, only it looks cooler and is DDR1066 (PC8500).
#3 - dadge
erm, the ram i was looking at on the 7th of april was less than £30 (you being in retail, you should know that prices change). why not go for that other stuff? motherboard doesn't support PC8500, hense me posting that ram. maybe if you had of seen the thread when i wrote it, your replay might of been a touch different.
but it's a typical Jakg post. (recomend something that is not needed or asked for)

EDIT: just to show you. this is the advertisment in the email i got.......
Attached images
b2c_eblast_07042009_p4.jpg
#4 - Jakg
If your mobo doesn't support DDR1066 it'll just downclock it to DDR800 (or lower if neccesry)

I didn't realist it was cheaper before - just thought people might as well be aware they could be getting better for the same price...
#5 - dadge
for sure, but you posted from the same deals section m8. this means that the price you've posted will also change within 1 week.
about the buying more than you can support thing.......... why buy 1066 and let it underclock itself (running outside recomended specs) when pc6400 will do the job just fine. is the difference between 800 and 1066 so big? if so, how much performance increase would one expect from this?
#6 - Jakg
The difference in performance is small, but the difference in price is nothing at all.

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG