The online racing simulator
Help me decide! (Wheel + Pedals)
I got a G25 a while back. It was great for me until it broke.
One of the motors started shorting out shortly after the warranty expired, and it fried itself.

I'm trying to decide where to go from here.
I was thinking about building a wheel, but I don't have the know-how to build a controller. I thought I'd get a solution like Leo Bodnar's FFB board, but as far as I know, there isn't anything like that on the market.

Right now, I am thinking that I what I'm going to do is buy a Driving Force GT, and a usb adaptor for my G25 pedals.

Is the GT a good buy? Are the feel and speed comparable with the G25?
Is there a good FFB controller out there?
Are there other wheels I should be thinking about?
I looked into it a bit more, and found that all I'd be missing is software if I decided to build a wheel.

I think I'm going Fanatec or DFGT.

Thanks for the links
I got a DFGT and Its actualy realy nice, logitech took what they learned from the G25 and applied it to this wheel, its a tried and tested design.

I would take the DFGT over a fanatec, simply because it is easier to warantee, and then get a good pedal and shifter set. Or if you realy want, you can still get a leo bodnar controller board and build your own shifter and pedals, you can even include a handbrake and a whole buch of extra buttons and dials that way.

Thats the route I'm taking, I got a DFGT and I'm building my own hardware set to compliment it, shifter, pedals and button box. I may add a handbrake if only to say I have one

Edit: just realized you have a link to the bodnar FFB board, I thaught he abandoned that project because of API issues.
Quote from DragonCommando :I got a DFGT and Its actualy realy nice, logitech took what they learned from the G25 and applied it to this wheel, its a tried and tested design.

I would take the DFGT over a fanatec, simply because it is easier to warantee, and then get a good pedal and shifter set. Or if you realy want, you can still get a leo bodnar controller board and build your own shifter and pedals, you can even include a handbrake and a whole buch of extra buttons and dials that way.

Thats the route I'm taking, I got a DFGT and I'm building my own hardware set to compliment it, shifter, pedals and button box. I may add a handbrake if only to say I have one

Edit: just realized you have a link to the bodnar FFB board, I thaught he abandoned that project because of API issues.

I would not. Go for a Fanatec if you can afford it. You certainly won't regret it! The wheel of the fanatec is far superior and I like the shifter, sure you all say it doesn't look great, but it does feel good with good resistance when shifting. I also very much like the pedals of the fanatec too. I recently got a new Fanatec 911 Turbo wheel and they seem to have updated the pedals a bit with a little more resistance to the throttle pedal which I really like the feel of now. Had my first fanatec for the same length of time as my 2 G25s which both broke over a similar period of time. Had no major issues with it, nothing broke, very durable wheel. I asked them about a small issue with the FFB and got a very quick reply explaining that the early released wheels still had some small FFB issues and that if I sent my wheel back to them they would send me a brand new updated replacement. Very good service if you ask me. Far better than Logitech's who mucked me about for weeks when my first G25 broke. That's why I went and tried a Fanatec when my 2nd G25 broke. I really didn't want to be messed around again. Loving my Fanatec and I am so glad I chose it over getting another G25 or this new DFGT. I don't really understand why you think a DFGT would be "easier to warranty" since the Fanatec 911 wheels come with a 2 year warranty just like the G25. The only difference I believe is, the Fanatec wheels are far less likely to break anyway.
logitech and fanatec have both had very good support in my experience. I prefer the fanatec wheel over the other wheels that I've tried, though.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG