The online racing simulator
Derby setups sutable for lots o' ramps?
(5 posts, started )
I have been racing quite a bit on the CAD Derby server, as it's possible to have a quick blast there even with my gamepad (wheels is at home, I'm at university). Are there some tips to survive the Ramp madness on the BL Track? In the end my suspension ends up red most of the time (I prefer the RAC, but its the same in the RB4)

How should I set the dampers and stuff?
1. Watch your mirrors, if someone crashed into you before ramp, you will land in fishy way.
2. Make suspenision softer.
3. ???
4. YHBT. YHL. HAND. not
#3 - 4aged
that server is fun az aye, somtimes its just an achivement finishing the 2 laps

i found hte rb4 really hard to make the jumps, its like they are setup for the faster cars, found FXR heaps easier, give it ago, i got sent a nice setup for it, its at home though.
I thought that suspension damage happens in LFS when the load on the suspension exceeds some strength value. This is most likely to happen when the car bottoms out at during a landing. So you probably want to make the ride height high, and keep the springs reasonably stiff (softer springs are nicer on the struts, but they're useless once they run out of travel).

Plenty of bump damping (perhaps as much as you are running in rebound) will likely help too.
What you want is stiff springs, low damping and high rebound settings.
You want to transfer as much of the force on the springs as you can on impact, but you want it to rebound slowly. Also keep the suspension as high as possible as well.

If you watch offroad trucks or rally cars, they come down quick, but don't bounce back up. You want as much of the force to be absorbed by the springs as possible, but you don't want them to rebound hard.

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG