The online racing simulator
Round 1 Post Race Discussion
Well here it is..........

Experion Racing had an excellent race, although we hit a spun lapped car in the last 10 or 15 minutes or so, and Tsubenko was able to close, and started eating away at out time, when he caught the tyres were too hot to fight him, but all in all, a good evenings racing.
Not strong start in GTAL. We had kind a good start, we earned 2 position highter, but one guy was overtaking me in straight line and suddently crashed me into the wall. So from 8-th position to 28-th. And after that i got penalty, for unknown reason, so its totally colapsed our race. Hope to have more smoothly race on next race weekend.
Asking for admins... Is there able to download race replay? Thanks.
The blue flag-situations were awful. Especially with #27. Not sure if we continue in this league due to awful behaviour of other teams. Also got rammed in SC-lap from behind. Horrible.
#6 - bbman
Position-wise, the race was quite a good start, but I'm quite disappointed with admins: first I had to send a reminder to get the server password (dunno what happened with the first message), then we get an uncalled for penalty that we are not allowed to appeal even though we can provide evidence to redeem ourselves and another from us gets denied although it was a two-fold blue flag situation (rejoining track and lapped)... That brings me to the next point: completely appalling lappee-behaviour... I had to throw the anchors out quite often due to a backmarker practically stopping in a corner on the racing line... Guys, if you get a blue flag and it's evident you'll be caught in the next 1-2 corners, go wide! Makes life that much more easier for all...
very good race for me and mine teammate,as i said b4,respect XRR power!!!!
#10 - Dmt
Quote from Saerki :The blue flag-situations were awful. Especially with #27. Not sure if we continue in this league due to awful behaviour of other teams. Also got rammed in SC-lap from behind. Horrible.

We know, and we expected more from the drivers, even though this is an amateur league. We are thinking about possibilities to deal with this.
A couple newbie mistakes from us during that race. We ended up racing on our qualifying set. I'm still surprised I made it an hour and ten minutes into the race on one set of r2's.
We had an incident that gave us quite a bit of damage so we pitted just for damage. On our second pit-stop we changed drivers and just then noticed we were using the wrong set. So we pitted again for R3's. That helped us make it the next 50 minutes. On our next driver change we decided to go back to r2's with adjusted pressure to attempt to gain some time back. We ended up overfueling the car which made the tires wear much faster. The front right popped with about 12 minutes to go dropping us back one position. Our 5th and final pitstop was just a quick tire change that got us to the end.

Overall I think we did ok considering how many mistakes we made. And we will be much better prepared for the next races.

Thanks to the Admins and other drivers for putting on a great race.
In general it was pretty good race for us. I got lot's of nice fights in first hour of racing. Biggest problem for us was SC lap when on last chicane we lost two positions when i was forced to stop because of car pileup at front of my car and cars behind me overtook me there. I think there should be one more SC lap in this situation.

Most people are complaining about blue flags behavior. But rules are clear in that matter. Lapping car have to present normal overtaking and lapped car cannot defend position (but race on normal racing line) and allow lapping car to pass (mostly by breaking earlier on straight). Only in this way all cars in the field can keep good pace. And this is why blue flags are working differently form other races and leagues. So I don't think that rules are responsible for blue flags problem, but drivers used to common meaning of blue flag.

Last think I was surprised was lack of live tracker.
Our DT penality on start wasn't fair!
Quote from FlyerKV :Our DT penality on start wasn't fair!

IIRC it was for a skin infringement, I don't see anything wrong with that? ........ skins should be up to standard with series requirements.
Well, we at team FUBAR are proper p!ssed off at the whole thing.

A big thanks to the muppets who caused the pile up whilst still under the safety car. That caused our race to be over before it started.

Total waste of 6 weeks of our lives practicing for the event.

Admin response? Please try to be more careful............ffs stronger words than that are requred imo
Flipped onto our side during the formation lap, never even saw the green flag
Quote from HVS5b :Well, we at team FUBAR are proper p!ssed off at the whole thing.

A big thanks to the muppets who caused the pile up whilst still under the safety car. That caused our race to be over before it started.

Total waste of 6 weeks of our lives practicing for the event.

Admin response? Please try to be more careful............ffs stronger words than that are requred imo

we thought, that the drivers are more careful.... before the next race, there will be a (for a few people mandatory) safety car test, but more in a few hours!
we had problems during the race to sort out who the repsonsible drivers were to make a proper descision.

for the last sentence i would like to say, that this hard situation needs time to sort out the victims of the crash. so sorry if we have a reallife!
Quote from HVS5b :

That's why we did the test race for, and it looked everyone understood what its all about. Looks like this is not the case. But we just don't want to yell at anyone, as i don't see that this could bring any advantage.

We are trying to help the issue(s), but in our way.
Quote from GabbO :That's why we did the test race for, and it looked everyone understood what its all about. Looks like this is not the case. But we just don't want to yell at anyone, as i don't see that this could bring any advantage.

We are trying to help the issue(s), but in our way.

Fair enough, but...........

You obviously didn't look too close at the back of the grid during the test race. The same thing very nearly happened under pre-race safety car as we came thru the chicane before the start/finish straight!!

I had to grind to a halt as the car in front of me had span on the grass, and, as it was before the green flag I could not overtake The only reason I didn't crash him was because I was being responsible and observing the race rules and ettiquette.

Seems like there isn't any penalty for ignoring these

I'm not talking about yelling at people. But by applying penalties, actions speak louder than words

I also still don't quite follow GabbO's statement that allowing people starting from the pitlane could encourage more reckless driving? Surely in this instance it would have been the fairest thing to do?

I genuinely don't want to sound like a whinger, but if I had caused this catstrophe I'd expect to be heavily penalised.

We also totally appreciate its a difficult siuation to apportion blame (not to mention that damned inconvenient RL getting in the way :razz, but surely you can appreciate our annoyance and frustration?

Anyway, at least Westhill shouldn't have this issue

Welcome to the mad bad world of Enduro admining, good luck guys
Don't mean to sound rude, but you already made your point mate. We all saw what happened, let the admins do their job now.

I watched the replay and there were accidents all over the field, won't be easy for the admins to come up with a decent decision. I'd be surprised if they didn't tought.
Quote from de Souza :Don't mean to sound rude, but you already made your point mate. We all saw what happened, let the admins do their job now.

Indeed, nothing like stating your case tho eh? I also thought the test-race incident was worth a mention.

Quote from de Souza :I watched the replay and there were accidents all over the field, won't be easy for the admins to come up with a decent decision. I'd be surprised if they didn't tought.

Its a tough one right enough! I wouldn't want to be in their shoes

Enough from me, see you all at Westhill
Hmm so there was an incident in the test race too? I wasn't there. Well I'd say things can only get better after that.
No there wasn't, at least nothing big.

And what i meant with my statement, if the drivers would know they could shift+p after a start incident, they could take more risks. And we don't want that. Someone is always the dumb...
We need test race 10 laps behind SC for all guys there. It wasnt even 1st corner and noobs crash before SC :S

Maybe in 2 weeks?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG