The online racing simulator
Did not Recieve Track Info
(14 posts, started )
Hi, every time i join any server i cant load up the track info. I have tried re-downloading the game and it still does not work. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks
#2 - amp88
The error you're receiving is caused by a poor Internet connection - downloading LFS again will not fix it. Can you give us more details about your connection? Is it wireless? Do you live in an aparment building (and have a connection shared with a lot of people) or do you live in your own house? Do you have other problems on the Internet? Pages that won't load or problems with other online games?
i live in an apartment, my internet service plan is 100mpbs so speed shoulden't be an issue. I have never had a problem with internet games or browsing the net. I have played lfs for a long time and this problem just started like a week ago.
100mbps connection should mean that you are on a company that has made a local internet connection and you have speed of approx 100mbps to all the people in this LAN. But outside I hardly doubt you will have such connection.

Also if your LFS is loading textures too slow(too slow PC or too high res textures or both lol) then your LFS might just lose connection until it loads them. And ask your isp where you have 100mbps connection to. I find it hard to believe that home network packet can have a speed of 100mbps but what do I know, I live in a poor country.
#5 - amp88
100 Mbps connections aren't uncommon in city apartments in the Asian world. However, speed doesn't always equate to quality. If you're just experiencing these problems for the first time starting a week ago then it sounds like an intermittent problem with your ISP. If you can, check on their website or contact their customer service to see if there are any problems in your area. You could also get them to do a line check.
thanks for you help amp88, i have just contacted my isp and they are checking my connection logs. The ISP that i am using is not very good, I checked on their forums and i saw people asking them to open ports to play common online games like Warcraft. I am having similar problems with company of heroes too.
#7 - amp88
Quote from cherylanne :thanks for you help amp88, i have just contacted my isp and they are checking my connection logs. The ISP that i am using is not very good, I checked on their forums and i saw people asking them to open ports to play common online games like Warcraft. I am having similar problems with company of heroes too.

Ah...this will be the problem then. Your ISP is probably trying to cut their costs by enforcing either a ban or severe throttling on gaming activity (and probably P2P too). They will almost certainly have a legal ability to do this so you may have no other choice than to move to a different ISP. If the Internet is provided by your apartment (included in the rent, for example) then you probably won't be allowed to change your ISP
i can change a different isp for sure, is just im stuck with this one till my contract ends this is the only service provider that can provide 100mbps speed
sometimes it happens to me as well... can't find the reason...
Quote from giotto :sometimes it happens to me as well... can't find the reason...

Try to connect again. It happens with me too. I don't mind it eny more.
Same with me, but internet connection is okay.
Quote from amp88 :Ah...this will be the problem then. Your ISP is probably trying to cut their costs by enforcing either a ban or severe throttling on gaming activity (and probably P2P too). They will almost certainly have a legal ability to do this so you may have no other choice than to move to a different ISP. If the Internet is provided by your apartment (included in the rent, for example) then you probably won't be allowed to change your ISP

I had to buy a static IP by my ISP for a little monthly fee in order to be able to run a server. They´d have closed about all ports for the reasons you´re mentioning. Here escpecially the upload they wouldn´t like at all.

If a PC is on a heavy CPU load or your harddisk drive is very busy, you´ll see the same " can´t load the track info " message.
Quote from broken :100mbps connection should mean that you are on a company that has made a local internet connection and you have speed of approx 100mbps to all the people in this LAN. But outside I hardly doubt you will have such connection.

Also if your LFS is loading textures too slow(too slow PC or too high res textures or both lol) then your LFS might just lose connection until it loads them. And ask your isp where you have 100mbps connection to. I find it hard to believe that home network packet can have a speed of 100mbps but what do I know, I live in a poor country.

100mbps is pretty common where I live (and that is in an area just north of stockholm, sweden). But I still get this problem sometimes and I think that is because my SSD is not good at writing stuff... :-(
When connecting to the server I get a lot of skins (as I guess you do) that has to be written to the HD (SSD). But if I try again it usually works.
So, do you have a SSD or a regular HD?

Br Linuxs
Quote from Linuxs :100mbps is pretty common where I live (and that is in an area just north of stockholm, sweden). But I still get this problem sometimes and I think that is because my SSD is not good at writing stuff... :-(
When connecting to the server I get a lot of skins (as I guess you do) that has to be written to the HD (SSD). But if I try again it usually works.
So, do you have a SSD or a regular HD?

Br Linuxs

Interesting. I haven't looked at it that way. Just to answer your question: I have a regular HD. Plus my PC is a bit old so LFS with high resolution textures and with a lot of skins to download (AND if we add the fact that I'm mostly using the browser or a chat convo while LFS is connecting which takes more from my slow PC's memory) is probably something not very easy for my it(the PC) to accomplish. And yes, usually from the 2nd time I manage to connect but some times I lose connection to the host(usually when I minimize LFS and when LFS is on focus happens too but very rarely) and then it works from the 3rd time. I don't remember a case when connecting from the 3rd time has failed for me.

But taking one more thing in mind: If I have loaded the high res textures and join a host on the same track the chance for me to get "Did not receive track info" is a lot lower(unless of course the host has shut down while I have been connecting lol).

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG