The online racing simulator
Who's Line (WR) is it anyway?
(34 posts, started )
Howdy,

I'm not really a hotlapper - but I've been driving this BF1/SO2R Combo for about a week now going pretty insane trying to beat the WR.

The other day I matched the WR, split for split - and thought i'd take a quick peek on the hotlap analyser to see where I could be faster. Turns out that the current WR includes a wall hit - on one of the last turns. Watching it back on the replay and looking at the way the car moves from the top down view its clear that it gives him an advantage, slowing him down and nudging the front end towards the turn in of the final corner.

http://www.lfsworld.net/rafa/? ... mcintyrej_SO2R_BF1_037350

Take a look - I thought that all wall hits automatically meant it was HLVC-Invalid anyway?

Just a bit peed that I spent so long trying to be fast and I can't beat a wall bounce.
If HLVC did not count that as Invalid, its abolutely legit/fine.
Quote from DevilDare :If the Hotlapper thing (HLV?) did not count that as Invalid hotlap, its abolutely legit/fine.

Not really, there are/have been several instances where someone hit the wall and the hotlap still counted.
#4 - Gil07
Stop quoting his posts, then nobody will ever see them
Quote from DevilDare :If HLVC did not count that as Invalid, its abolutely legit/fine.

I always thought there was a bug on that part of South City though, where the HLVC doesn't register. I've not tried it properly but remembering from laps I've done on that combo you can hit the wall pretty hard without HLVC picking it up, whereas on the exit to turn 2 (the right hand part) if you even tap the wall very slightly it invalids the whole lap.

Edit: I giggled in my mind Gil.
Bug I'd say Jack, get Vic to sort it
Void this topic, just done a lap 0.01 faster. This was followed by lots of 'COME ON' and 'YESS!!!!!'

I'm very sweaty.
#8 - J@tko
Gratz Jack
Quote from mcintyrej :Void this topic, just done a lap 0.01 faster. This was followed by lots of 'COME ON' and 'YESS!!!!!'

I'm very sweaty.

Congrats. Shows that persistancy and the will to achieve are all it takes.
Quote from mcintyrej :This was followed by lots of 'COME ON' and 'YESS!!!!!'

I'm very sweaty.

Ooh epic mis-quote
Quote from mcintyrej :Void this topic, just done a lap 0.01 faster. This was followed by lots of 'COME ON' and 'YESS!!!!!'

I'm very sweaty.

Grats! See, you dont need to use stupid bugs to do a WR. Its harder, but it tastes better

I'm very sweaty.

Hehe, gratz
I tell you, those Jacks are all aliens!!
Quote from zeugnimod :I tell you, those Jacks are all aliens!!

I should change my name to Jack WR is guaranteed
#16 - Jakg
I posted this in the bugs thread a while ago, i think i got 10.8 last split by using the wall. So yeah, there it stabalises you into the last turn, gives the widest line, you can go through it quicker and it also helps you slow down.
Grats on beating that damn cheater!
I wouldn't go as far as calling him a damn cheater - he's almost got the most WR's out of everyone so I don't hesitate in saying he could probably beat my time if he had another go.

Thanks though!
Quote from mcintyrej :he's almost got the most WR's out of everyone so I don't hesitate in saying he could probably beat my time if he had another go.

Never!

You are Jack!
Quote from mcintyrej :I wouldn't go as far as calling him a damn cheater - he's almost got the most WR's out of everyone so I don't hesitate in saying he could probably beat my time if he had another go.

Thanks though!

I haven't checked the replay, but using wallriding to gain an advantage is cheating in my book...
Quote from Gil07 :I haven't checked the replay, but using wallriding to gain an advantage is cheating in my book...

It is cheating but I was thinking on more of the large scale, the other 21 of his world records can't all be done using the same wall glitch - he's still a bloody fast racer!
Maddin is a good driver, especially in s-s. I think he did it because i had it (clean) then JPeace beat it (using the wall) so then i used the wall and did .36 or something, then maddin used it and me and JPeace removed our laps, so maybe that has something to do with it.
Quote from Gil07 :Grats on beating that damn cheater!

dont say stupid thinks about people who you dont know

the only what i can say that i dont use this wall to get an advantage

but its still a nice lap

next time write me a pn or something like that but i can say its not my goal to beat wrs on this way .. and it was not planned.. and 1 was in other hotlaps 2 tenths faster without wallriding so..

(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG