The online racing simulator
Easier navigation in CMX viewer?
I think it could be very useful to add 2 buttons in the skin viewer to go to the next/previous skin for that car. I find it pretty hard to find the skin I'm searching for when you've got 20+ skins for a car, all with weird names
Ofc this is low priority, just tought I'd suggest the idea. I attatched a pic how it could look like...

Edit: Just noticed the thread title is kinda stupid :S
Attached images
arrows.jpg
then stop giving them wired names lol
... if it would allow longer names, no problem :P j/k
Not sure what to think about the suggestion itself, but I DO know that the longer name has been suggest some times before
#5 - Gil07
Would be quite handy I think, +1 from me

Not really necessary. I think people mainly use the viewer when they're skinning, not to actually view skins (they tend to do the latter in LFS itself, at the time of choosing a skin). For that reason, people who use the viewer will tend to select a skin by choosing a skin by name, thus will not try to get to it by clicking 10 times on an arrow. Also, I think it's fair to assume that most people only have the skins they named themselves because the others are in the skins_x folder. And they don't name their skins weird name, for the sole purpose of not being lost with their own skins, it's not that hard!

Also, when skinning, you don't switch between different skins regularly, so the arrows wouldn't be useful. The only way I would see the arrows be useful would be if you needed to switch between two skins named almost the same thing (so you can click once to get back and forth) if you're copying a skin to another. However, doing that probably implies that the two skins are on different cars, so you wouldn't be able to switch between them anyway.

-1 The viewer is already really easy way easier than that rFator car viewer
Obviously I skin too much, even if I delete all unnecessary skins every 3 months, I still have like 50 FZR skins in the viewer
Quote from Gerdoner :Obviously I skin too much, even if I delete all unnecessary skins every 3 months, I still have like 50 FZR skins in the viewer

I must say, you should follow john5200's advise: stop naming your skins all weird! For example: even with arrows, if you have 50 skins, you might need to go through 30 skins before you reach the one you wanted. I see hardly how this is supposed to be an improvement. What I see here is that your skins are named so bizarrely that you don't remember what a particular skin is, and you therefore need to try each and every one of them to recall what that skin was.
Quote from Gerdoner :Obviously I skin too much, even if I delete all unnecessary skins every 3 months, I still have like 50 FZR skins in the viewer

The strange thing is tha6 my skins filder for LFS itselfs and the filder for my vieuwer is the same is this weird?
I also have like + 55 skins for some cars and never realeased them
i would souggest to have a CMX viewer in lfs and drive on this unlimited plat (just for testing how fast i can get my car )
Quote from John5200 :i would souggest to have a CMX viewer in lfs and drive on this unlimited plat (just for testing how fast i can get my car )

That unlimited plat got no grip.
All I want is that the five last loaded skins show up on top when you start CMX Viewer.

No mather what cartype.
Quote from Shadowww :That unlimited plat got no grip.

did you test it?

(you hack everything )

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG