The online racing simulator
Round 4 - Post Race Discussion
windge away
Quote from jwardy :windge away

Congratulations on finding the most negative way to start an inevitable thread. Right there from the off, that gives me the impression that all you are expecting is moaning and whinging. Which by itself give the additional impression that it really doesnt matter all that much either way.

Fair enough, when you have signups who dont attend, and drivers who dont even finish a race meeting, these things can grate on your ability to be bothered, but the general impression I get from these events, is that, the series was rushed together, with first off - great interest shown.

But now I kinda see this series as something created to generate interest in your second series, the TBO series. Was it really a good idea to start off another series without first completing one? Did that not damage the OWT?

What happened this evening was frankly, pathetic.

The unsportsman-like behaviour shown by those who up'ed and left after thier race was over. That was very rude to those who stayed and attempted to finish. Complete crap, these drivers should be embarrised. But they wont be.

Was the league moved to a friday evening at 9pm so that it could be left to die off unnoticed?

OWT officials.. ask yourselves:

Why was this league setup?
Do you care about this particular league?
Does your public image matter to your Organisation?

Drivers of OWT, ask yourselves:

Why did you sign up to this particular league?
Do you care about this particular league?
Does it matter to you if you stay the course or quit?

Disclaimer: Comments made are observations from a drivers point of view. I am not trying to take away anyone's fun. I am also not "whinging". As a driver of this series, I am expressing my concerns that the OWT is dead, and has been placed into this place of deadness, through both driver and admin failures.
that wasent meant in a bad way but now u mention it .
Very sorry jack, as i said i think it was lag, but yes, sorry
dw , the race was abandoned
Why?
Not enough drivers to finish. Sorry OWT Admins but I can't admin an event with 1 hours notice, I have to make the time.
5 laps gone , we were down to 3 drivers , so called it a day with the top 3 sharing the points
Quote from Wilko868 :Not enough drivers to finish. Sorry OWT Admins but I can't admin an event with 1 hours notice, I have to make the time.

Why was there a situation where you had an hours notice?

I'd imagine that at least one of you knew that the race had moved to a Friday. Nothing was posted previously regarding a lack of admins. When a series is run, it requires commitment, not just from the drivers, but from its administrators. If situations arise that mean the league is without and administrator, it may be an idea to inform the drivers, who've given up thier time to attend the entire session.

Admins are not the only ones who "have to make the time", and considering what the league started with in terms of offerings, broadcast etc etc, and considering what it is now, it could easily be "admined" by a driver, the series has no need or requirement for a dedicated non-racing admin.
#10 - 5haz
So I didn't miss much then.

I would have turned up had it not been for PC trouble.

And I did say that there was a chance I wouldn't be able to show up.

It appears that wanting a move to Friday was a mistake.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG