The online racing simulator
Keyboard revs
(4 posts, started )
#1 - Leito
Keyboard revs
Hey guys

Hoping some of you might be able to help me out here.

I was wondering if there was anyway of controlling the revs using keyboard and not pedals. What I mean is instead of tapping the keyboard if there was some other way I might not know about. Would help out hugely in turns where you need to add more and more gas as you exit the turn.
Way to tricky with keyboard as it is now, for me anyway :/
I am pretty sure there isnt, I sometimes play using KB at work, not sure the boss would be to happy with any game controllers in the office , and it sucks, much better to use an analouge device, I get get results with a £10 analouge joypad.

Dan.
#3 - Gunn
Due to the digital nature of using keys as your controller, the throttle and brake only have 2 states: on or off. There is no other way to control revs other than varying the throttle by tapping.
The steering is much the same, the wheels are either turning or they're not, you can't hold the angle where you want it constantly.

In a nutshell, this is the entire problem with using a digital controller for any function that should normally have a range of movement. When somebody tries to urge KB players to "get a wheel", this is the reason why.
[QUOTE=Gunn]
The steering is much the same, the wheels are either turning or they're not, you can't hold the angle where you want it constantly. [QUOTE]

you can hold the steering at a desired angle by holding the opposite direction aswell as the one you're going in when you get to the amount of lock you need.

it's still a bit wrong to play LFS with a keyboard (mouse ain't much better!) but it would be utterly stupid to deny those without wheels to play.

gamepads & joysticks are a good budget option but you can probably pick up a spring wheel for £10-20 that would feel MUCH better (pedals more than wheels tho') it an ejoyable game however you play it but the more real it gets the more fun it is! enjoy

Keyboard revs
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG