The online racing simulator
OMG! I think I have the Conficker!
(11 posts, started )
Well I think I have the conficker virus/worm. :O

If you havent heard of it, just search for it theyre are many pages on google about it.

Anyway, I know I have some kind of virus.
I got a file download, with no details, or a progress bar, and it opened from internet explorer, and not Firefox, while I was using Firefox :S.

And strange thing is, the conficker was supposed to be activated today, and what it was supposed to do was download instructions from one of their thousands of websites which were set up randomly, and cant be taken down (or atleast all of them). After these instructions are downloaded, no one knows what it does so far because it's not reportedly activated on anyones PC yet. But what many think is it will just be a keylogger and steal passwords and financial data. I'm not worried about that though, it's not that hard to reformat :P.

Its wierd though that I updated my Windows from microsoft which was supposed to stop the vulnerability that it used to get into your pc.

So if anyone has any details about what this might be, please tell. :P

This is just kinda ironic that i get that today.

EDIT: WTF? Now i have some random spyware scan from a program I've never installed 0_0

Time to reformat now! xD
Quote from Dyllaann :Well I think I have the conficker virus/worm. :O

If you havent heard of it, just search for it theyre are many pages on google about it.

I got a file download, with no details, or a progress bar, and it opened from internet explorer, and not Firefox, while I was using Firefox :S.

And strange thing is, the conficker was supposed to be activated today, and what it was supposed to do was download instructions from one of their thousands of websites which were set up randomly, and cant be taken down (or atleast all of them). After these instructions are downloaded, no one knows what it does so far because it's not reportedly activated on anyones PC yet. But what many think is it will just be a keylogger and steal passwords and financial data. I'm not worried about that though, it's not that hard to reformat :P.

Its wierd though that I updated my Windows from microsoft which was supposed to stop the vulnerability that it used to get into your pc.

EDIT: WTF? Now i have some random spyware scan from a program I've never installed 0_0

Time to reformat now! xD

They said it may install other virus's without you know... so now that you are having a scan from a random program its now downloading other virus's...
But Mircosoft said that the new updates might not keep the virus from getting onto your computer.. There is a program if you search good that can take care of the conflicker virus... But don't go on known virus websites or any websites you have never heard of or never been on before... most likely going to get it. I got the virus (now its gone) from searching google to read about the conflicker virus... kinda weird. I clicks on the site and the site stayed white than i noticed things started to stop working.. so i looked and download the program (search google) and it got rid of it...
If its blocking sites like

Microsoft
McAfee
Symantic
etc.

Then you are infected!
Looks like I'm okay
Uac a o.k.?
How come you don't notice such things? I mean, I have never having trouble with this. Just vista+avast+spybot works the trick. I know it is not 100% virus proof, but I wonder how you have that, and don't notice it. Don't you scan regularly?
I do scan but i could never be bothered to change my AV, i had norton lol.

But yeah should be gone now. :P
Quote from Bose321 :How come you don't notice such things? I mean, I have never having trouble with this. Just vista+avast+spybot works the trick. I know it is not 100% virus proof, but I wonder how you have that, and don't notice it. Don't you scan regularly?

Some virus's are able to move around your HDD so they don't get caught and deleted.
Quote from Dyllaann :Well I think I have the conficker virus/worm. :O

Time to reformat now! xD

I had that one, I believe. It was an antivirus/spyware scanner that was actually a piece of spyware or something itself.. Avast, AVG and Spybot S&D, and Malwarebytes Anti Malware did the trick.
*evil laugh* - uses linux lol

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG