The online racing simulator
S2 FBM Series - General
(82 posts, closed, started )
Ditto. Happy to chip in and help where I can.
#77 - 5haz
You certainly deserve a break Worry.

Jshaw.
I don't know where other folks come from in this game because I'm still getting deeper into LFS and meeting people in the game. I look forward to growth, good races and a good race team in the future. The end of the year brought me a broken ankle which killed my driving immediately and I've been stressing on the AA season and how many races I can afford to miss. Sometimes real life kicks in (in various forms) and we need to deal with that first- as we should.

Worry I can’t thank you enough for your work with Airio. I have read the entire guide you wrote and was very impressed. Let me know if you want me to do some proofing, I suck but there are some simple grammatical changes that would make that doc better. The app itself seems brilliant to me.

I can’t thank you enough for putting together the last series. I’m sure you had help from other very qualified members and I regret not having the series admin list at my finger tips but you were the front man for me and the one that emailed and PM’d all the info prior to the races.

You took some shit at one race for not re-starting and I was very pleased to see a strong rally around your decision, which I fully agreed with, and I would love to see us build on the rules.

Please let me know if I can help out in anyway and thanks very much for all of your efforts on my behalf.

Sincerely,
John Fryer
3rdParty
Eh, guys, thank you all for your concerns and very nice words.

John, sorry to hear about that ankle, but your words moved me deeply (I hope I get the expression right), no joking. Also, when I update the docs to version 2.0, I would be very happy to send you the files for some basic proofing. And that one race without restart: It made me feel real happy seeing so many of you defending me, especially because I also used wrong command at the time, restarting qualification just when it was ending.

Neil and John, I'm glad you like Airio. It should give admins many options, it should give players many choices. Airio is now my primary concern. When I announced it I had requests for features, some obvious, some a bit more complicated to add, some pending.

About the series: I think anyone of you may take the initiative and organize the races. I would give you names of people I was inviting and some instructions on how to set up the race. Currently it is nothing complicated, calling one or two Airio commands does all the work.

I found out that to have reasonable attendance, an active inviting approach is necessary. You have to look for new people (on AA1 and elsewhere), write PMs and direct invitations as well. That takes some time because you have to be online a lot to see new nice guys.

Publishing stats is also good but it requires some time. JoRuss has complete stat upload framework ready, which means you may run LFSstats on the replays and upload the generated files relatively easily. Internal scripts then take the results and convert it into point tables. It was working flawlessly for me, and I think JoRuss will have no great troubles giving you access there.

All in all, thanks to you all for support. It is not my intention to leave LFS world, I just need to limit the extra activities, at least for some time. Give me 8 to 12 weeks, I may be back at (almost) full strength by that time. Take care, see you soon!

PS: To help me a bit you could spread good words about Airio, maybe suggesting to admins on other servers to try it out. Also make people aware they may support Airio development by donating. That could make me return somehow sooner.
Is the championship still open?

I would like to join and race.
Yes.. probably... not necessarily fbm one though....

The following picture describes pretty good how we stand about this year races

picture
This thread is closed

S2 FBM Series - General
(82 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG