The online racing simulator
Setups - In a nutshell please...?
Having found the manual at last on lfswiki and downloaded it I am impressed by the detail in the Set up chapter. 33 pages, no less.
There is a lot of talk about setups.
Is it a case of "suck it and see" with these things and how can I get them and where do I store them and how can I examine how different it is than the default one which is linked to the XF GTI on page one!!??
Answers on a postcard please...to....
You can get setups in races by asking other racers to send them to you, LFS will save them in the right folder once you accept them in game. Alternatively you can download them from the Setups subforum here or from the TeamInferno setupfield. They need to go in the LFS\data\settings folder.

How can you examine if it is different? Taking it for a drive is usually the best way to highlight the differences.

As for making setups, you can try either trial and error, or reading the mammoth guide.
If you prefer to setup yourself then reading the guide is very important in giving you the basics knowledge to adjust what you need to adjust.

There are many things you can do straight of the bat depending on if you are a 'mouser' or a 'wheeler'. If you want hints and tips then just state a problem here and someone can give you some advice (Actually many of us can give advice, but only some of it will be good advice). The setup process can be taunting at first and many will opt for downloading a set or pawning from others in race. I like to make my own and learn how the car reacts and behaves with the things that I do . . .

But as always one of the best ways to learn is just play around with settings. Take them too extremes, see what happens and try and work stuff out from there . . . . It's part oif teh fun for me. And I feel better if I start dropping my Pb's on a set I made rather than others . . .
Many thanks for the advice on set ups. Cheers
how do you accept a setup in the game
when someone sends you one a little s lights up in the players list box, you can then go to the pits and save the setup on yr hard drive then load it into yr car.
do you have to drive in to the pits to get it cos i`ve looked all over for for a setup which someone sent me and i can`t find anything nor an accept setup option.
If someone has sent you a setup it'll appear on the connections list. Click on it and then just save teh setup with whatever name you choose. Then enter the pits and the setup should be there for you.

If you enter the pits before saving it won't be there . . .
ah got it cheers lads

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG